The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a couple of days of anguish. The common COVID-variant is spreading and Finland is facing partial lockdown from next Monday on. Hubby is currently on his skiing holiday but he has to teach at least three weeks remotely starting next week. < He hates it - and his fed up presence (as much as I love him) makes it hard to focus on my thesis. Vaccines aren't arriving either; not even my stepdad (80) or mom (79) have been vaccinated yet.

In addition, I made an online order (in the early morning hours during the weekend) through a fake Chinese lookalike site keenireland.com (transforms into keenireland.top when you click and handles payments through <laugh> bringallpay.com with the lock icon and all) which pretends to be an Ireland-based online store for this known American hiking/trekking footwear brand. This is the first time in about 20 years that I'm having trouble with a payment. I cancelled my bank card (debit/credit) instantly but I may have lost a small sum to scam artists. I'm totally p----ed off that I got tricked/was a bit sloppy (I should have checked the suspicious registration confirmation in the email spam box prior to purchasing). Now I have to make changes in every single direction I'm affiliated with (regarding annual/monthly subscriptions etc.). Not to mention that I can't pay or draw out cash from the ATM for at least a week (until the new card arrives) - and I have to rely on my hubby to pay for most of the groceries and goods.

This said, I'll probably just focus on my thesis, be rather inactive or just watch your accomplishments here at CB and eat takeaway and ready-made junk food for the next month or so... Take care; see you soon.

Last edited:
Dear Hemulen we'll be here when you are ready to return ❤️ Take care of yourself in the meantime!
piehappy.gif

I'd ask why you need to update. I'm still using an S7 and I'm not sure whether its worth me updating except for maybe a better (more versatile) phone camera.

Depends what you use your phone for but if like me, aside from food photography, its mainly for phoning people, texting, reading email and a bit of internet surfing then I can't see any advantage at all in a newer model.

It has cracks etc, which I can get replaced for $105 so I may do that. I use mine for e mails and banking and it just feels like me, worn out,lol.

Russ

Now I have to make changes in every single direction I'm affiliated with (regarding annual/monthly subscriptions etc.). Not to mention that I can't pay or draw out cash from the ATM for at least a week (until the new card arrives) and rely on my hubby to pay for most of the groceries and goods.

This said, I'll probably just focus on my thesis, be rather inactive or just watch your accomplishments here at CB and eat takeaway and ready-made junk food for the next month of so... Take care; see you soon.

That's a bummer. Stay calm and do what you need to do to cope. Sending you kind thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom