The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Meghan Markle and Former-Prince Harry interview aired last night over here, and a few hours ago in the UK. While it might sound to outsiders that The Royals live a fairytale existence, it sounds like it's closer to being prisoners. They are unable to do what they want or go where they want. Everything they do is scrutinized.

And, if that were all there was, then I'm sure they would still be members of the royal family, living in England, instead of living in Los Angeles. It became abundantly clear what a double-standard there was for treatment of Meghan vs. Kate, specifically. Here's an article that compares the top 20 glaring differences. Here's one example:

Kate: "Bumping along nicely! The Duchess was seen placing a protective hand on her tummy as she exited the event." Daily Mail: March 22, 2018​
Meghan: "Personally, I find the cradling a bit like those signs in the back of cars: Baby on Board. Virtue signaling, as though the rest of us barren harridans deserve to burn alive in our cars." Daily Mail: Jan. 26, 2019​

I didn't realize until yesterday that the tabloids in Britain have a partnership with the royal family: the royals give them access, and the tabloids give them publicity. The fact that the tabloids very clearly attacked Meghan for things that they praised Kate for, and the royal family did nothing about it, explains everything you need to know about why they left.

I never really cared for the royal family but as I get older I'm pretty impressed with the queen. Charles not so much. My take is Harry is blinded by love, I call it something else, and her agenda is playing out not so well. It will end in tears.

Russ

I never really cared for the royal family but as I get older I'm pretty impressed with the queen. Charles not so much. My take is Harry is blinded by love, I call it something else, and her agenda is playing out not so well. It will end in tears.

Russ

Meghan had only good things to say about the Queen. But, the Royalty is a massive machine that is beyond a single person, even if it is the Queen.

Meghan had only good things to say about the Queen. But, the Royalty is a massive machine that is beyond a single person, even if it is the Queen.

Very true, one vision I can't get out of my head, we were in Paris almost exactly one year after Diana's death, we drove through (driven by guide) that tunnel and the flowers around were absolutely massive, absolutely massive, every flower shop must have sold out. And that's France!!
I see the palace are singling her out as a bully to her staff when they were there. I can believe it.
Do you muricans stick up,for her because she's "one of yours" . Not a criticism, just a question.
Being I'm part of the commonwealth I "may" be biased, but I like to look at both sides.

Russ

I recently watched a doco on Elizabeth the first and the setting up of the secret service in the 1500s so anything that happens today is no surprise to me.

Russ

Do you muricans stick up,for her because she's "one of yours" . Not a criticism, just a question.
Being I'm part of the commonwealth I "may" be biased, but I like to look at both sides.

Russ

I personally find it difficult to care one iota about the royal family. Following the royals is like watching a Soap Opera, to me. I have no interest.

I understand the royal family costs British taxpayers tens of millions of dollars?

CD

I have very little interest in the Royal House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha.
A report in 2019 revealed that Queen Elizabeth II and her family cost the British people £67 million during the previous year.

Ever wondered how much the royal family cost the taxpayer? A Sovereign Grant report showed that the royal household received £7 million from the Royal Collection Trust in 2018, with total royal expenses from the family coming in at £67 million.

Accounts for the Sovereign Grant, which funds the Queen and her household’s official expenses, show the monarchy cost the taxpayer £67m during 2018-19 – an increase of almost £20m in the previous financial year.

Harry is not the brightest. When he visited Hvar on a number of occasion he would get drunk and behave like a chav. He liked my nephews bar the Kiva. This summed him up then
1615278740433.png

What bothers me about this whole Royal Family affair is that for me it seems to be a bit a family business. We all have really obnoxious family members who represent no threat to public safety, and we deal them directly, no need to thrash them on TV. And Prince Harry saying his family has stopped financially supporting him is so millennial - so you disagree with everything your family says and does, but you still expect them to financially support you till you die?:scratchhead:

What bothers me about this whole Royal Family affair is that for me it seems to be a bit a family business. We all have really obnoxious family members who represent no threat to public safety, and we deal them directly, no need to thrash them on TV. And Prince Harry saying his family has stopped financially supporting him is so millennial - so you disagree with everything your family says and does, but you still expect them to financially support you till you die?:scratchhead:
LI mate, the pure hypocrisy of this pair astounds me. They left the UK to get away from the press, for some reason it does not appear to have worked. I suppose now they have to support their own louche lifestyle their qualms about the press vanish.
Megan Marble must be either thick or as duplicitous as Spencer if she did not realize what she was volunteering for. For example Phil the Greek was a well publicized racist and misogynist.
“If you stay here much longer you’ll all be slitty-eyed” (to a group of British students during a royal visit to China).
The priceless racism of the Duke of Edinburgh

Now, anyone who occasionally notices my standpoint will have noticed that I am not a monarchist, so I have no great interest in what the Royal Mafia Family get up to. I did note, however, that Harry referred to Prince Charles as his "father." Really?
1615286932301.png
how dare you Duckers! Hes definitely a chip off his old mans block.......oh F wrong pic.....coat please.

Diana railed against the press, but played them like a guitar when it suited her. Much the same thing is happening with this latest "revelation." What's the betting that in about thirty years' time, a young aristocrat called Archie with a posh mid-Atlantic accent will be giving a soul-bearing interview to whoever the new Oprah Winfrey happens to be?

Diana railed against the press, but played them like a guitar when it suited her. Much the same thing is happening with this latest "revelation." What's the betting that in about thirty years' time, a young aristocrat called Archie with a posh mid-Atlantic accent will be giving a soul-bearing interview to whoever the new Oprah Winfrey happens to be?
My money is on Melanoma Trump for Ompahs job mate. Archie will marry Chloe Sophia Trump and start his own dysfunctional family of leeches.

The Meghan Markle and Former-Prince Harry interview aired last night over here, and a few hours ago in the UK. While it might sound to outsiders that The Royals live a fairytale existence, it sounds like it's closer to being prisoners. They are unable to do what they want or go where they want. Everything they do is scrutinized.

And, if that were all there was, then I'm sure they would still be members of the royal family, living in England, instead of living in Los Angeles. It became abundantly clear what a double-standard there was for treatment of Meghan vs. Kate, specifically. Here's an article that compares the top 20 glaring differences. Here's one example:

Kate: "Bumping along nicely! The Duchess was seen placing a protective hand on her tummy as she exited the event." Daily Mail: March 22, 2018​
Meghan: "Personally, I find the cradling a bit like those signs in the back of cars: Baby on Board. Virtue signaling, as though the rest of us barren harridans deserve to burn alive in our cars." Daily Mail: Jan. 26, 2019​

I didn't realize until yesterday that the tabloids in Britain have a partnership with the royal family: the royals give them access, and the tabloids give them publicity. The fact that the tabloids very clearly attacked Meghan for things that they praised Kate for, and the royal family did nothing about it, explains everything you need to know about why they left.
I'm forbidden from commenting on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom