The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Travelling through Dallas is a distinct possibility as it gives the best connections to get to Belize, a destination high up on my list.

Dallas/Fort Worth airport and Houston Intercontinental are both convenient to Belize. I have flown British Airways back and forth between DFW and London a couple times each way, and it was a nice flight. Long, but nice. US Customs in Dallas was pretty easy, too. DFW is easier to get around in than IAH (Houston). Houston is the forth largest city in the US, and the airport is rather old. Not a bad airport, but not easy to get around if you aren't familiar with it.

CD

,Avoid Miami as your entry point to the US. Actually, avoid the Miami airport if at all possible.

CD

Hey! Seriously though, Fort Lauderdale airport is much easier to navigate. I don't mind MIA itself nearly as much as getting to/into it and away/out of it. Traffic is horrendous in that area, most of Miami actually.

It was sunny and warm today, but still not hot for June. In the next few hours, the skies are supposed to open up and dump on us. Then pretty cool tomorrow, with a high of 81. Normal June temperatures later in the week.

Screen Shot 2021-06-06 at 10.25.47 PM.png

CD

Statistics are a funny thing. There's a popular statistics here in Portugal that says 60% of couples in Portugal get divorced. In that statistic, the number of divorces happening in a certain year are divided by the number of marriages that happened that year. But the people divorcing in 2021 didn't get married in 2021. A less known statistic is that people who divorce were married an average of 17 years. Most divorces happen in people who were married 5-9 years and the number of divorces happening in couples who were married over 25 years is on the rise. Also the number of marriages has been declining non stop. People need to be careful when they look at their data.

In the US, you have to get both shots from the same place.

CD
You normally do here, I did, but it appears Lu's doctor couldn't get drunk at a brewery, so she went online and booked one elsewhere. That is the advantage of having a national health service, the whole system is joined up.

You normally do here, I did, but it appears Lu's doctor couldn't get drunk at a brewery, so she went online and booked one elsewhere. That is the advantage of having a national health service, the whole system is joined up.

Our health care system is pretty much connected as far as medical records (going back 5-10 or so years). If I enter the hospital, and they have my date of birth and name, they can access a good amount of information. That's all subject to privacy regulations, but emergencies outweigh privacy. For non-emergency situations, medical providers need my permission to access my medical data.

Getting permissions and running the crosschecks for an operation like getting 330-million people vaccinated would certainly slow the process down to a crawl, so it was decided that people in the US would need to go to the same provider for both shots, to make sure everyone got the correct dosages.

CD

Our health care system is pretty much connected as far as medical records (going back 5-10 or so years). If I enter the hospital, and they have my date of birth and name, they can access a good amount of information. That's all subject to privacy regulations, but emergencies outweigh privacy. For non-emergency situations, medical providers need my permission to access my medical data.

I wish Portugal was like that! It's amazing how doctors simply trust a person's memory. They ask you about the meds you took in the past and your blood test results and trust whatever answer you give them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom