The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
just for some variation it's raining again...

we have a meal booked for tomorrow lunch. we'll be going in my vehicle because the road won't get repaired until a) it stops raining, b) the rain stops draining off the mountainside across the road and washing it away and c) the maintenance crews actually get round to it...

the joy of dirt roads! actually one of our neighbours dropped a note into our letterbox last week lobbying for all to start complaining about the state of the road.

I had paid the whole sum on Thu, borrowing money from my Mom. Called the bank and wrote to them, account and creditcard should have been deblocked yesterday.
Will check tomorrow.
Therr are 2 letters I never received, and of course I am willing to pay all due taxes and expenses, have done so since 2013 when i started the side job. If there are mistakes on my side of course I am willing to correct and pay, I just need to know.. So fingers crossed ...
I no longer do that side job,since June.

This is what I'm looking for tomorrow:

C'mon 8AM...

We've had yet more rain and to make life fun, high winds have knocked out our electricity. To top it off we have a planned outage starting at 8am tomorrow, all day.

We needed full 4x4 to get out & back again today with the usual "discussions" with the police manning the road closure as to why we'd ignored it (we hadn't, it was erected overnight and the 20-30 homes/farms that live between the 3 closure signs - 22km of one road and +30km for the other - routinely have the discussion because we live inside it and only find out it is closed after driving through all but the last junction at which point you are 25meters from the reverse side of the sign.... Getting out was actually deeper than getting home again but we still had to prove we live inside and then had the wonderful discussions regarding our "postal" address saying the town at the north end of the closure and we're accessing at the southern and because we live much closure to the southern end than the north end... anything to try to stop you going through. (driving round to the other end is 73km compared with the 9km from where we were to our home!)

No nothing yet. I'm giving them today. Or next week if they can provide a good reason.
If not contacted, I'm writing a scathing review after that period.

I’m sorry you still have to wait for their response, the supervisor who had the job interview with you shouldn’t have exposed his choice to you before talking to his boss because he is not. Not professional and dangerous behaviour.
Or it’s just a matter of waiting for that Companies often take because they are just busy.
Crossed fingers, dear. I really hope it’s just related to busy things for them.

still no power, still raining, still very windy.
power lines are down so at 5pm got the news that they won't be fixed before tomorrow. still 2½ hrs of daylight left at that point. given how long it took to find the problem, it can't actually be anything major inn the way of lives down, so best guess is that it's not close to a road where the problem has happened and more to the point, it's too wet to get to safely.
either that or I guess 71 farms are not that important! if it were a city, they'd carry on work until dark if not after it..

so midday tomorrow is the estimate for repairs. guess that means the routine maintenance planned for tomorrow (no power between 8am-5pm) won't be going ahead.
guess I can sleep in. rain and no power...

I’m sorry you still have to wait for their response, the supervisor who had the job interview with you shouldn’t have exposed his choice to you before talking to his boss because he is not. Not professional and dangerous behaviour.
Or it’s just a matter of waiting for that Companies often take because they are just busy.
Crossed fingers, dear. I really hope it’s just related to busy things for them.
I think they didn't want to hire me due to my disability, but saying that is illegal because it's discrimination. So instead offering a false promise and then not following up on it, is a smart tactic if they want to avoid saying something illegal.

I just hope I am wrong and they are calling me first thing tomorrow

Snow isn't going to last on the ground with those daytime temperatures. You will have to be up at the crack of dawn to shovel the driveway before the snow melts.

CD
The forecast has changed. Now it's not coming until 11AM, but it's at 100% now, and we're right on the line between 1-to-2 inches accumulation. This might actually be a proper snowfall, as long as it lasts.

If it comes to pass, I'll post a pic of me making snow angels...in my birthday suit... :laugh:

This does happen. Where I'm working now, I interviewed three times, was told I got the job, and then told to sit tight while they got all the paperwork filed and cleared. That took nearly a month!

I love it when it starts getting dark early but it's probably only me :laugh:
I'm right there with you, Sister! :highfive:

I think they didn't want to hire me due to my disability, but saying that is illegal because it's discrimination. So instead offering a false promise and then not following up on it, is a smart tactic if they want to avoid saying something illegal.
Unfortunately, that happens a lot more than people realize. I've seen it firsthand more than once and there just isn't much anyone can do about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom