The General Chat Thread (2024)?

Now one of my sports bra fell on the neighbors fence! Even the neighbor can't get there because the fence is on the side of his roof and he can't get there. I went outside with a ladder and I can't get there either. Thankfully it's a cheap sports bra not anything fancy from Victoria Secret.

I'm usually a clumsy person but today I outdid myself!

Now one of my sports bra fell on the neighbors fence! Even the neighbor can't get there because the fence is on the side of his roof and he can't get there. I went outside with a ladder and I can't get there either. Thankfully it's a cheap sports bra not anything fancy from Victoria Secret.

I'm usually a clumsy person but today I outdid myself!
You need a reachy grabby thing!

Yeah, that round went to me!

Some history: Hubby has this "thing" about taking things back or 'haggling' over price. He won't do price guarantees or if you find it cheaper we'll beat the price etc. I'm from a family that is the exact opposite.

So about 3 weeks ago, we bought a new mattress because the one thing that no one had told us would change when I had my hips replaced was that we'd end up needing a new mattress. Our existing one is extra firm and my new hips are the right shape, unlike my old ones and I'm now getting pressure sores lying on my side at night.

So we went and did a computerised scan thing and choose a new mattress. It's made to order and we've not received it yet. At the time, the lady who served us and took us through everything went to great lengths to explain their price match policy (if within 90 days of you buying the mattress they change their prices, you can contact them to get the most price and receive a refund, but the onus is on you.) She stressed it to me perhaps more than necessary, pointing it out and handing me the leaflet instead of sliding it into the pack of information. I now know why!

On TV last night the company we used have a new ad. They're celebrating their 40th anniversary. The company name also has forty in it. And lots of mattresses are half price. We'd bought under an offer where all mattress sizes were the cost of a single mattress. Handy when you have a king sized bed.

So I went online and looked up our mattress and it is $550 cheaper now. It was bought in hubby's name just because that's who we registered the account name under 6 years ago. So that meant he had to do it... I raised it with him last night before going to bed and got the silent treatment. I've learnt over the years to let it mature before raising it again.

He's just rung me to say that he has to go in to the store with the credit card for the refund and that it is around $500. :thumbsup:

So my day yesterday was:

- Sent an email with a cake recipe to the Legal team
- Lost a sports bra that got stuck on the neighbors fence
- Got to the gym and found out I have lost my lock

As our dear Wodehouse said "I started at the bottom and worked my way further down!" :laugh:

Last edited:
Morning 👋

Sorry been a bit absent. Life etc etc.

Nice to be back. Hope everyones well and enjoying the finest wines known to humanity 😊

I’ll skip the dreary and sometimes downright miserable infill and go straight for the cheery bits.

Multiple flights and ferries booked for Spain and will on one of them be riding over a more powerful bike (one I already enjoy riding in the UK) and swapping it for my lovely but gutless Royal Enfield. Whoop whoop.

I have properly reconciled with my youngest brother.
To the extent they’re coming to stay with me for a couple of days with his wife and baby 👏 👏 👏 Not til June though because thats when we’re all available but it’s all good.

We have our Mother’s Day the weekend after the real one because it’s nicer eating out the week after all those miserable obligated families have vacated the premises 😆 and it gives my lot a weeks grace after they realise it’s Mother’s Day and they've not even bought a card 😂 so nice lunch out at The Ox on Sunday.

And the best news from my POV is the aching and joint pains I was waking up with every morning finally drove me to the GP where I got some stuff that works and I’m now mostly pain free. To the extent I’m no longer taking paracetamol with my morning cup of tea!

Do a little dance, sing a little song.. 💃

We have 2 bunnies in our backyard who have been grazing on the new grass. So cute!

We don't have anywhere to put them nor anyone to look after them so we don't have any more. We have 1 guinea and he stays at the cattery where we got him from but they won't take any others, only 'their own'.

Tornadoes blew through about an hour north of us last night, hitting the small lakeside community where my brother and his wife have a small cabin.

He checked in last night, just as the storms were hitting, saying he was hunkering down and turning his phone off to save the battery.

Lots of destruction, entire houses flattened/gone, three dead so far, more expected. Still waiting to hear from him this morning. All roads in and out are blocked/closed while emergency responders do their work. Fingers crossed.

Tornadoes blew through about an hour north of us last night, hitting the small lakeside community where my brother and his wife have a small cabin.

He checked in last night, just as the storms were hitting, saying he was hunkering down and turning his phone off to save the battery.

Lots of destruction, entire houses flattened/gone, three dead so far, more expected. Still waiting to hear from him this morning. All roads in and out are blocked/closed while emergency responders do their work. Fingers crossed.
I feel your anxiety. We felt like that after a bad hurricane hit where Craig's brothers lived when they were still with us. Hope he's okay.

Storms came through just south of us last night. We got some hail and rain here but otherwise ok. Hope your brother checks in with you soon.

Back
Top Bottom