The General Chat Thread (2024)?

Mr SOAP did the same thing. Then when having to shave was back on the menu he immediately started to grow it back 😂
I always kept my beard fairly short and neatly trimmed, shaving off the extraneous bits that crept up the cheekbones and down the neck.

I’m finding that shaving every day is less trouble than that. It’s just a quick swipe down the face and I’m done.

With beards, at least for me, it’s and all-or-nothing thing, as far as effort goes - leaving it completely alone is easiest, followed by shaving it all off, followed by properly grooming it.

I sent a pic to MrsT - she says I look like Wallace (from “and Grommit” fame), if Wallace had Jesus hair.

Yes they tested me for that but the results don't show the required blood markers for it, though I do have a lot of similar symptoms. So the test was inconclusive and they've just resumed considering all of my symptoms Crohns related. In the end it doesn't matter much, they require similar treatments medication wise so the name is less relevant than it seems.

I wish it were just my gut though, unfortunutely severe Crohns can manifest everywhere in the body and I am a prime example of that.
I'm getting my infusion on friday so fingers crossed indeed 🙏
So sorry I am late, but keep the Faith and positivity, I am praying for you. I hope you get better as soon as possible.

On Monday we had almost 30 C, and Tue strong winds and temp dropped to 5C, plus it rained,but today is somewhat middle ground, partly cloudy, partly sunny, temp around 12 C, but feels lower, and still some wind.
It is our Parliamentary Elections' Day, and it has been declared a non-working day, hence everyone can catch up on things. Or just relax.
Those pics were taken Sunday, still in the summer mode. My boyfriend and I walked by the river. Lots of sand, possibly brought over by flooding. A stunning sunset. Some fish.

20240414_194329.jpg
20240414_194355.jpg
20240414_193038.jpg

Remember a couple of weeks ago, I posted about one of my brothers being in the middle of a tornado?

That led to me posting a funny-but-true meme about Midwesterners, and how we like to go outside and try and see/photograph our impending doom bearing down on us.

Well, today, a different brother was in the middle of a tornado warning, and lest you thought I was kidding, here’s our actual text conversation:

IMG_8060.jpeg

Yes, that’s right…his curiosity got the better of him and he went outside to try and see it. Tornadoes are like magnets for us. :laugh:

Remember a couple of weeks ago, I posted about one of my brothers being in the middle of a tornado?

That led to me posting a funny-but-true meme about Midwesterners, and how we like to go outside and try and see/photograph our impending doom bearing down on us.

Well, today, a different brother was in the middle of a tornado warning, and lest you thought I was kidding, here’s our actual text conversation:

View attachment 112369

Yes, that’s right…his curiosity got the better of him and he went outside to try and see it. Tornadoes are like magnets for us. :laugh:
I see your “going out to try and see it” and raise you “mowing lawn with tornado in the background”.

This is in Alberta, Canada a few years ago:
IMG_9079.jpeg

It’s ok though, the guy says he was keeping an eye on it:
https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4145466

We were in Daytona Beach at a trade show years back when Hurricane Charley made landfall on the west coast of Florida, went across the state and exited in the area we were staying at. Our hotel was a high rise and right on the ocean. So, 1 side faced the ocean and the other the land side. Once the winds reached a certain MPH, the hotel activated their loudspeaker system and asked everyone to evacuate their room and come downstairs. We took the elevator down and right after we walked out, they shut down the elevators.

To set the scene, a LOT of drinking went on at these shows, so there were people that were slightly inebriated to full on black out, staggering drunk. The weather got progressively worse and during the height of the storm, down to a strong Category 1 at that time, a whole bunch of people decided to go outside and stand under the porte-cochere of the hotel to watch the storm. Nothing bad happened to anyone, just a few slips and falls of the more drunk people caused by the wet driveway and wind. But, the wind had been strong enough on the ocean side to actually blow in some windows and it had broken the seals around the rest of the windows enough to force water in. The carpet in our room was absolutely soaked. The couple next to us were one of the ones whose windows had blown in. They were passed out drunk so didn't hear the evacuation announcement and awoke to a large window landing on them. Fortunately, they were well covered with the blanket and bedspread so no injuries, but they had to leave the room and were sitting in the hallway when we made our way back to our room.

You look so young!
One of my brothers said the same thing, but he phrased it as, “Well, at least you look younger, I guess that’s something.”

I’ve mentioned before that we’re always giving each other nicknames, and my newest one is now THC, which means
”The Hairless Cat”

Back
Top Bottom