The General Chat Thread (2024)?

Yerp, it’s not bad at all. the nerves people feel before hand are probably the worse bit!
The funniest bit with hers…we had a bad thunderstorm when she was getting her second eye done (so very appropriate for a Frankensteinian lab scene)…right as he fired up the laser and started in on her eye…the power went out!

MrsT had it done probably five years ago (mid-50’s) - the procedure sounds like something out of a horror movie, but is really quite simple, fast, and pain-free.
You should see the op reports on it. The good thing about cataract surgeries is that you can generally copy and paste. About the only time they change, other than the lens types and strengths, is when something goes wrong.

The funniest bit with hers…we had a bad thunderstorm when she was getting her second eye done (so very appropriate for a Frankensteinian lab scene)…right as he fired up the laser and started in on her eye…the power went out!

Oh you are a one 😂

Just so no-one worries, there are no lasers in cataract surgery (there is a noisyish ultrasound pen) and all surgical hospitals have a back up generator that kicks in when theres a power cut 👍

Right, I get that completely why it would be unexpected if there is no history in your family. Almost every person I know who reached a certain age had them, and I expect I will get them soon enough (I turn 62 soon). I think you are much younger than I am, though. My husband is soon to turn 56 and his vision has been a bit blurry lately so I think he might be in the beginning stages. I haven't had my eyes checked in a very long time and I do wear readers for fine print, but otherwise my vision is great. I suppose that's a good indicator I should go for an eye exam soon, thanks for sharing your experience and I am glad you are in the very early stages and don't have to worry about it for a few more years.

I am 53, get my eyes checked regularly as I wear glasses all the time. Was struggling with reading and getting headaches so I knew I needed to get checked. I have no issues with health checks and have watched many medical documentaries to understand it is a simple procedure. Was advised to wear sunglasses when out in the sun, normally only do that on holiday but will do as advised.

Oh you are a one 😂

Just so no-one worries, there are no lasers in cataract surgery (there is a noisyish ultrasound pen) and all surgical hospitals have a back up generator that kicks in when theres a power cut 👍
All hospitals have back up generators here. Lots of things that need to work, like ventilators for one.

As long as most of you know me I've had straight hair, but no longer. It's becoming curled! Not because of the hairdresser, but because of the Crohns medicine. That can cause your hair to fall out, but it can also change your hair. It's been like this for three months now. So hello curls I guess! 😄
20240429_183847.jpg

As long as most of you know me I've had straight hair, but no longer. It's becoming curled! Not because of the hairdresser, but because of the Crohns medicine. That can cause your hair to fall out, but it can also change your hair. It's been like this for three months now. So hello curls I guess! 😄
View attachment 112971
Well I hope you don't mind it! My hair has always been wavy but it's gotten curly as I have gotten older. I sometimes use a flat iron on it and make it straight. Interesting that a medication can do that though, I always just thought it was an age-related thing...

View attachment 112971
Still looks like great hair!

Well I hope you don't mind it! My hair has always been wavy but it's gotten curly as I have gotten older. I sometimes use a flat iron on it and make it straight. Interesting that a medication can do that though, I always just thought it was an age-related thing...
It used to fall out from it, so this is a big improvement. But yeah it's a known side effect. Maybe it's both age and medication! I do like it indeed. Curious what it will turn out like if it changes more.

It is. Mine is extraordinary in thickness and easy growth according to all the hairdressers I ever had. But I am liking it more like this!

That’s a lovely thing to have!
Every woman on the planet knows what difference a good hair day makes and as you have good hair to start with you’re almost over the finish line everyday!

That’s a lovely thing to have!
Every woman on the planet knows what difference a good hair day makes and as you have good hair to start with you’re almost over the finish line everyday!
19396975_1217594328367128_5767280695995517780_n.jpg

336242157_759708339108857_6426403967801715952_n.jpg
15724838_1049946181798611_8582573766630433436_o.jpg

As you can see, all through my life it was thick and long but never curly. I've added the pic with my sidecut to show how thick even half of my hair used to be. Entering a new phase now!

Back
Top Bottom