The General Chat Thread (2024)?

Well the rain is supposed stop around 9:30p, but it's going to stay cloudy overnight, of course!

All we got was rain and as much as we needed it, I'd have happily not had it yesterday or last night.
It finally started to clear this afternoon just before dark, but the aurora is too weak currently to be seen anywhere other than Tasmania. Guess I'm not seeing it either.

I had to laugh at my husband last night. He came in to the bedroom as I was getting ready for bed and announced that he had sorted the dirty laundry into various pile for me. He had an enormous Cheshire cat grin on his face. His way of saying that he needed clean undies I guessed... so I went through into the back bedroom and sure enough the dirty laundry had been sorted into various piles.
  • His dirty pants
  • His dirty socks
  • My dirty knickers
  • His work shirts
  • Our dirty hiking kit
  • His dirty trousers duely turned inside out
  • Our dirty t-shirts
  • Dirty bedding
I could only come up with a smile, and not wanting to sour his mood, just replied casually and as tactfully as i could, that 'it wasn't the normal division of dirty washing'. :o_o:

I watched about 10 How-To Youtube videos, totally disassembled my refrigerator freezer, doors off, every panel off, hair dryer to the coils, put it all back together in an attempt to stop a leak, only to discover that it was the water cooler beside it leaking all this time.
I hope you were able to laugh that one off. I'm glad it didn't cost you any $$ and just your time.

Been busy these last few weeks and even busier these last few days....

Finally decided to go back to university and get a masters degree... the Aussie system is so very different to what I'm familiar with. It's been hard work navigating the system and getting identification and so on...

If I have things correct, I'm signed up to and enrolled in 4 courses. I think the fees but gets done automatically after I've agreed to certain things, but that's on tomorrow’s list of things to check along with a few others things when my guests have left.

Hey , you tried, you made an effort. 20/20!
After it was all put back together, I was watching the hockey game and Winona said, "it's leaking again". I went to pull it out and had to move the water cooler. That's when I discovered where the water was coming from. It's actually good news. New water cooler $300. New refrigerator $1,800.
I'm not new to dismantling cooking units. In my business I have to DIY as much as I can. Trades people can get pretty expensive.

Out for a walk:

IMG_8320.jpeg

Been busy these last few weeks and even busier these last few days....

Finally decided to go back to university and get a masters degree... the Aussie system is so very different to what I'm familiar with. It's been hard work navigating the system and getting identification and so on...

If I have things correct, I'm signed up to and enrolled in 4 courses. I think the fees but gets done automatically after I've agreed to certain things, but that's on tomorrow’s list of things to check along with a few others things when my guests have left.
Brill. You said what you were applying to do wasn't related to your degree so how did that bit pan out?

Back
Top Bottom