The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear about your struggles Windigo hope you will be able to get a diagnosis, and that you start feeling better soon.
Thanks I will get through it, I've dealt with pain all my life and have all the support I can wish for. But the issues with walking are what scares me, I hope those do get resolved soon.

Thanks I will get through it, I've dealt with pain all my life and have all the support I can wish for. But the issues with walking are what scares me, I hope those do get resolved soon.
I hear you on that one. As a teenager who literally walked everywhere, and to be honest not much changed until I was 42, I used to think that not being able to walk would be the worst possible thing. I was wrong. Back pain and neck pain is worse. I guess my view changed the day I had a very quick decision to make, save my leg or save my life. I chose the latter, literally tying off my left leg well above the knee after a dog attack (both of us were attacked and bitten) . I stopped counting at 114 stitches. A major artery and a major nerve were also severed and a major vein damaged (that healed thankfully, but the artery and nerve didn't).

Even though I can now walk again, I still find the back pain and hip pain more debilitating than any of the leg injuries I've had (including 6 months totally non-weight bearing on both legs last year).

I just have to remind myself 2 things. 1, I've been worse and 2, there are plenty others who are in a worse position than I am, even if I live off morphine 24/7 to manage what I do.

Best of luck on those appointments. Psoriac arthritis isn't yet ruled out for me either. Hmph.

How to avoid being caught by speed cameras in Thailand.........

I hear you on that one. As a teenager who literally walked everywhere, and to be honest not much changed until I was 42, I used to think that not being able to walk would be the worst possible thing. I was wrong. Back pain and neck pain is worse. I guess my view changed the day I had a very quick decision to make, save my leg or save my life. I chose the latter, literally tying off my left leg well above the knee after a dog attack (both of us were attacked and bitten) . I stopped counting at 114 stitches. A major artery and a major nerve were also severed and a major vein damaged (that healed thankfully, but the artery and nerve didn't).

Even though I can now walk again, I still find the back pain and hip pain more debilitating than any of the leg injuries I've had (including 6 months totally non-weight bearing on both legs last year).

I just have to remind myself 2 things. 1, I've been worse and 2, there are plenty others who are in a worse position than I am, even if I live off morphine 24/7 to manage what I do.

Best of luck on those appointments. Psoriac arthritis isn't yet ruled out for me either. Hmph.
I'm so sorry to hear you have gone through that! :hug:

But yeah, we're wired to do what it takes to survive. I would have been dead if I had decided to keep my colon, after removal the surgeon said it was so close to perforating that I would have had toxic megacolon in about a week, had they not acted. Dead or an ileostomy, the choice was relatively easy.

But I admire the way you cope with your loss of mobility! Your positive attitude is remarkable. You have a lot to be proud of.
I do the same, focussing on how difficult things are doesn't help. And indeed, many are worse off. At least we have treatment and help.

Yesterday I successfully applied for permission to extend my stay in Thailand for a further 12 months. For a reason I have yet to determine, the form requires not only your date of birth but your age to be stated. I couldn't remember and had to count back. I felt a right divvy not knowing my age!

It doesn't help that Thais count their age starting at 1 when they were born so my wife was confusing me even further.

Hmmm. Supposed to get super hot (for here) over the weekend), but if you find some, make sure it is well-frozen.
Yeah, it's going to be 90F/32C here tomorrow! Then to 65/18C on Sunday. Weird and wacky weather.

Hmmm. Supposed to get super hot (for here) over the weekend), but if you find some, make sure it is well-frozen.
Yep, going to be high-90’s tomorrow. Storms moving through now. We’re in a bar and under a tornado watch at the moment.

We had a relatively warm night last night compared to of late. It made it to the dizzy heights of 6°C... yesterday was a warm 11°C.
Today might make 13°C. That's the forecast for the next week. 5-7°C at night and 11-15°C during the day depending on how much cloud cover we have. Guess the fire won't go out any time soon.

I had a bit of a mishap last week. When I was cooking a gust of wind blew the umbrella across the stoep and took the laptop with it. The computer shops could not repair the broken keys nor the hard drive so I now have a 512Mb new SSD and I'm operating with an ancillary wireless keyboard. Cheaper than a new laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom