The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shop in town got tomatoes at $1 a kg. Went and got some, I'm making pasta sauce for the freezer for winter, fresh oregano and basil in the garden. I'll make 5x 2 litre potties. Ours aren't quite ready ATM. Although not too far away, were picking one or two a day.

Russ

It's been pretty normal North Texas whether for a few weeks. Mild days and cold nights. Today, the Gulf of Mexico is loading us up with warm, wet air. It is not raining, but everything is wet. Tomorrow comes the cold front from the North, with cold, dry air. Things could get "entertaining" in Tornado Alley. They're telling us to watch out for high winds, big hail, flash flooding and isolated tornadoes. No way to know, for sure, but all the players will be there.

CD

"Children's Day" here today. My wife's friend and two of her mates paid ฿7,500.00 (c. US$ 250.00) for noodles to feed 350 ish local underprivaledged school children.

This was a few years ago....

It's been pretty normal North Texas whether for a few weeks. Mild days and cold nights. Today, the Gulf of Mexico is loading us up with warm, wet air. It is not raining, but everything is wet. Tomorrow comes the cold front from the North, with cold, dry air. Things could get "entertaining" in Tornado Alley. They're telling us to watch out for high winds, big hail, flash flooding and isolated tornadoes. No way to know, for sure, but all the players will be there.

CD
Same here. We're going from lows in the 20s(F) to a high of 70F in no time. January tornadoes...lovely. :(

Same here. We're going from lows in the 20s(F) to a high of 70F in no time. January tornadoes...lovely. :(

The party is just about to start, here. Storms are "blooming" on the radar to the West of DFW, and starting to form a l solid line. We are under a tornado watch, but I haven't seen any tornado warnings anywhere within DFW radar range.

Oh, well. my car is inside for the night, and one more big hailstorm should get me a new roof at Allstate's expense. Well, sort of, when you add up all the money I've paid in premiums, Allstate Insurance would still be way ahead. Homeowner's insurance is expensive in Texas, due to hail storms.

CD

The party is just about to start, here. Storms are "blooming" on the radar to the West of DFW, and starting to form a l solid line. We are under a tornado watch, but I haven't seen any tornado warnings anywhere within DFW radar range.

Oh, well. my car is inside for the night, and one more big hailstorm should get me a new roof at Allstate's expense. Well, sort of, when you add up all the money I've paid in premiums, Allstate Insurance would still be way ahead. Homeowner's insurance is expensive in Texas, due to hail storms.

CD
Stay safe!

Always thinking of you guys in tornado alley. We get hail here too.

Russ

The tornado sirens were sounding for about ten minutes. Rotation was spotted on Doppler radar about 15 miles South of me, but it didn't develop enough to become a tornado.

So far, it has been a pretty mild storm system.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom