The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah. I saw video of the main explosion. I've only seen a blast wave that big and solid once before. That was a fertilizer plant in the city of West, Texas. It leveled half the town. Makes me wonder what the plant in Beirut was making.

CD
Not far off the mark there - apparently it was ammonium nitrate, about 2000 tonnes of the stuff, and not stored particularly safely.

Just watched on CNN, biggest peace time explosion ever!! Wtf. The blowing out and then the sucking in as oxygen explodes? They showed footage from people's apartments, man it was big!!

We had a house explode here last year about 15 miles away, our French doors rattled, I said to my wife I thought it was a quake? It was the explosion. No one was killed luckily. The gas contractor has been charged, the house is gone.

Russ

Yeah I hope it's no attack, that would make something terrible even worse. So sad for the affected.

Guess you can imagine the blow if one exploding house already cause that 😔

Yeah I hope it's no attack, that would make something terrible even worse. So sad for the affected.

There was a fire burning in the plant before the explosion. Just like The West, Texas explosion.

CD

Mowed the lawn, now I'm having a beer. Pleasant 79F out. Weather app says it's 90F/30C in London!

We had a few days off from stupid hot temperatures, but they are back. Only 92F now (12:30PM), but climbing to a forecast high of 98F (37C).

My small patch of grass in the backyard needs to be mowed, trimmed and edged, but I can't find the motivation to do it.

CD

We had a few days off from stupid hot temperatures, but they are back. Only 92F now (12:30PM), but climbing to a forecast high of 98F (37C).

My small patch of grass in the backyard needs to be mowed, trimmed and edged, but I can't find the motivation to do it.

CD

Horribly hot here. I've done next to nothing today except sit with a fan blowing at me and a wet flannel. I feel quite ill with it...

Horribly hot here. I've done next to nothing today except sit with a fan blowing at me and a wet flannel. I feel quite ill with it...

If you are feeling ill, you could be dehydrating.

Stay hydrated! Not just wine and beer, either. Alcohol can dehydrate you. Lots of water! When I am working, it is mostly outdoors. I drink water by the gallon all day.

Here in Texas, everyplace is air conditioned. Homes, work, stores, restaurants... everyplace. But, we also know how to survive outdoors, which means keeping hydrated.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom