The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My neighbor is having a new driveway (asphalt/blacktop/macadam) laid. There are about nine trucks and other pieces of heavy equipment out there, and it's driving my dog bonkers. BARK!!! BARK!!! BARK!!!

Massive storm here which was a relief. All gone now... back to the heat but not quite as bad.
It must have moved across after it whacked us at the beginning of the month. The hail stones are big and dangerous, we were in Krusevac Serbia a few years ago when one hit. 3 people were killed and my hire car looked like Manuel Noriega. A severe storm in Croatia with storms, heavy rain, thunderstorms and hail in its wake spread from northern Italy to Istria, the Kvarner and large parts of Dalmatia as early as the evening of 3 August, and by 4 August 2020 had spread over the entire Adriatic region. In the coastal area, the authorities registered considerable damage: fallen trees, flooded roads, full cellars and numerous fires caused by lightning strikes were the result of the powerful low pressure system that hit Croatia. The weather services issued advance warnings, and SeaHelp also sent a severe weather warning to all smartphone owners who had installed the app via the free SeaHelp app.

Its now wonderful here and I'm a new person. By this I mean that the oppressive heat is gone. Temperatures have dropped to a comfortable 24 C. Its still a bit humid but nothing like it has been for the last week. My energy is back! :D

It moved over here. It is a muggy 85F/29C right now at 4:30 AM. The high for today is forecast for 105F/41C.

Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 4.24.08 AM.png

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom