The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MrsTasty: You know what I'd really like tonight? BLT's.

Me: You said you wanted bacon for breakfast, though. Do you really want bacon twice in one day?

MrsTasty: 😏

I may be repeating myself here.

My daughter became vegetarian when she was around 7 years old after seeing a video shown to her at school.

20 years later, she was about to visit me for a week or so and I asked if there was any special food which she wanted me to obtain for her.

"Nothing specific Dad", she said, "I eat anything"

"What about meat?"

"Dad, I stopped being a vegetarian when I discovered that life is not worth living without bacon!"

I may be repeating myself here.

My daughter became vegetarian when she was around 7 years old after seeing a video shown to her at school.

20 years later, she was about to visit me for a week or so and I asked if there was any special food which she wanted me to obtain for her.

"Nothing specific Dad", she said, "I eat anything"

"What about meat?"

"Dad, I stopped being a vegetarian when I discovered that life is not worth living without bacon!"

View attachment 44943

You might find this hard to believe but I never had bacon until I was around 13, I stayed the night at my best friend in high school. His dad was an awesome guy who I looked up to as I never had a dad. I woke up and he came into the bedroom and said breakfast is ready boys. I went out to a full English. I grew up on weet bix. Hell, this was a whole new world. I used to nag my mum after that to have bacon sometimes. He only passed away about 3 years ago. He was a sales rep for a tyre company here.

Russ

A few degrees cooler today, and chance of rain tonight. 79F now at 7:30AM, heading for 101F later.

Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 7.30.38 AM.png

Drama last night with dishwasher displaying E5 and beeping. Then I get an earbashing for letting rice go down the sink and blocking it. Ok I unblock it with a plunger. Then I sit down giggling the fault, finally says pull plug out for 30 secs then restart. Too dark by this time to find out where the plug is, I'll sort it tomorrow I told my wife. So in the light of day I remembered the plug was at the back wall. Pull washer out, reset and go.
All good, back to normal. Ring the wife to say it's fixed then cop another earbashing, lol.

And it's only 10am.

Russ

Well, good old Texas weather. I dry storm is blowing through. Microbursts, AKA Wind Shear in abundance. I can tell they are microbursts, because the wind is blowing in all directions, and it is a good 20-30 degrees colder than what the ambient temperature was before.

But, no rain, so far. I really wish it would rain.

CD

Update: Some rain now, but not as much as I'd like. Still lots of wind. In the morning, I'll have to gather up my patio furniture that is scattered about the yard. I'll have to figure out who the patio umbrella belongs to and return it to them.

CD

Russ mate, a great reminiscence. He was obviously more than that as he left a lasting impression on you. I always try to read my posts before posting. Definitely no pun intended.

The other guy I looked up to was another friends dad. He asked me out with his son jet boating among other things. We didn't have a car until I was about 13. He owned his electricians business. My friend was very spoilt. So I worked as a rep then started my own company. Those two friends that had everything never amounted to much.

Russ

Update: Some rain now, but not as much as I'd like. Still lots of wind. In the morning, I'll have to gather up my patio furniture that is scattered about the yard. I'll have to figure out who the patio umbrella belongs to and return it to them.

CD
It rained a lot over a very short time this afternoon, then cooled considerably. It's not bad out right now.

However...yard really needs mowing, and I've got something electrical going on with the mower - solenoid clicks, but it won't crank. Now I've got to find someone to come out to the house and work on that and get someone to mow my grass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom