The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water... (Jaws). There is yet another hurricane (Iota) in the Gulf of Mexico. It is the 30th named storm this year in the Atlantic hurricane season. And, it's a bad one -- cat 5. It is going to hit Central America, with some of the poorest countries on the continent.

Climate scientists predicted this kind of thing was going to happen as the oceans got warmer. :speechless:

CD

Here is the proof Mrs B has cleaning OCD. The oven self cleans perfectly, I tried it and after the cycle finished all she had to do was wipe out a little white dust with a damp sponge.
This morning as I strolled into the kitchen for a coffee and vape, I was met by the stink of spray on oven cleaner. Mrs B refused to switch the espresso machine on till she had finished her labor of love. When I objected she tweaked my left nipple in her pink marigold clad hand. I retired to the safety of the toilet.
1605596515187.png

St George got around a bit. He's patron saint of all sorts of places - off the top of my head, England, Georgia (who'd have known?), Serbia, Lithuania, Portugal and Ethiopia. Curiously, both Aragon and Catalonia share his patronage, possibly the only thing those regions share.

I visited some of the ancient "rock churches" when I worked in Ethiopia and his image popped up everywhere. The country's best-known brewery is named after him, too. I also recall seeing a very old church in Syria (5th century, I think) called St George's.

I watched this video, and thought I should share it with our non Mercan forum members. It is something that lurks in the back of my head. Trump is famous for failing his way to the top. Although it is very unlikely, it is possible. He lost the 2016 popular vote by 2.9 million votes, but still won the election.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvmPZNxXRiM

CD

I watched this video, and thought I should share it with our non Mercan forum members. It is something that lurks in the back of my head. Trump is famous for failing his way to the top. Although it is very unlikely, it is possible. He lost the 2016 popular vote by 2.9 million votes, but still won the election.

CD
He is famous for cheating his way to the top, too. His niece and sister both say he cheated (not just marital) and stole from people. He paid and cheated on his entrance exams into college and likely on his tests (why not?). Oh and of course he cheated on all of his wives. UGH.

He is famous for cheating his way to the top, too. His niece and sister both say he cheated (not just marital) and stole from people. He paid and cheated on his entrance exams into college and likely on his tests (why not?). Oh and of course he cheated on all of his wives. UGH.

And, now he's setting everything on fire by firing top officials because he lost the election. There really should be some laws written so future POTUSes are not able to go on these rampages solely because they cannot cope with the idea that our democratic process worked as it should and they were ousted. Unconsciousable.

CD

This video isn't viewable in the UK.

I did not vote for Trump. I voted against Joe Biden. I nearly threw up on my favorite pair of shoes. We went out to dinner with friends last Saturday. G and Ray immediately began talking politics. With support from Debbie we shut them down. No political discussions at the dinner table. Our digestive systems would be disrupted with such discussions.,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom