The Good Ol' Days

My younger son when he is coming round here always says (or texts), 'I'll swing by later' - which makes me think of an ape!

Anyone remember when Harrod's had a dress code for customers?
One wouldn't dare walk in there dressed like a soup sandwich.
---- ---- ---- ----
I wonder if they still sell that fantastic chocolate covered Honeycomb?
I'm now over-dressed, they won't let me in.

When women didn't go out in tube tops and/or leggings or bikinis that are too small and there are rolls of fat hanging out. Same thing for large men in Speedos, actually pretty much any man in Speedos.

When people weren't attached to their phone while driving or when in restaurants unless they are by themselves.
Do you remember that Budweiser commercial where the guy in Speedos flirts with an American Girl Bartender?
"Not in this country" was her response. Funny.

Posting on the TV thread reminded me of this thread. What a difference life is now compared to what I used to do on a Saturday night. I am not going to tell you. (keep your minds out of the gutter guys) :whistling: :woot:

OK, one thing I used to do was go to a drive-in-movie.
My earliest memory of drive-in movies was as a little kid, and getting to pee in an empty soup can, because my dad didn't want to take me to the bathroom.

Did you get to pee in a soup can? :laugh:

My earliest memory of drive-in movies was as a little kid, and getting to pee in an empty soup can, because my dad didn't want to take me to the bathroom.

Did you get to pee in a soup can? :laugh:
lol No, I was a big girl. I could walk by myself to the ladies room.

Did they show 2 movies? If so, that was a long time for your dad to hold it.

lol No, I was a big girl. I could walk by myself to the ladies room.

Did they show 2 movies? If so, that was a long time for your dad to hold it.
Yep, a cartoon and two movies. We have a drive-in place in town now, but it's up for sale and not showing movies at the moment. If I were a billionaire, I'd buy it and show free movies for everyone.

Yep, a cartoon and two movies. We have a drive-in place in town now, but it's up for sale and not showing movies at the moment. If I were a billionaire, I'd buy it and show free movies for everyone.
Good idea. Some years ago, one of the last drive-ins in my part of town turned into a swap-shop. A sad day that was.

Back
Top Bottom