The Hairy Bikers

Monkey

Veteran
Local time
6:33 PM
Website
dorinthewall.blogspot.com
I don't know if you foreigners will be familiar with them, but I'm a big fan of a UK cooking duo called The Hairy Bikers - link for anybody who hasn't heard of them.

They've done loads of different things - baking, dieting, foreign cuisine - but what I like about them is how accessible their recipes are. They really are just two bikers with a passion for cooking and what they make reflects that. I have their Curry book and I don't think I've found a recipe which requires anything I can't get in my local supermarket.

Anybody else familiar with them?

I watch their programs on the television. I enjoyed their Asian tour where they stopped through Thailand, Korea and Japan and used local ingredients to make traditional dishes with their own twist. The appeal is how down to earth they are and their genuine fascination in new ingredients and using them.

Both are fun to watch and they work well together with their banter.

I have not heard of the duo but there's particularly one area in their program that got my interest: dieting. They said that good health is 70% food and 30% exercise. That's why I'd like to know what types of food should or should not be paired together and how much I should eat of each type to avoid bloating. If there's a copy in my favorite streaming site, I won't hesitate to watch their show.

Unfortunately they have started to become cariactures of themselves and are becoming clowns, I now they don't take themselves seriously but there are times when they need to tone down a bit

I am from the UK too and I love the Hairy Bikers. Good hearty meals and no-nonsense cooking. All too often, TV chefs use ingredients that most people do not have in their cupboard or they use ingredients that are ridiculously expensive that the average viewer cannot afford. The Hairy Bikers make meals that a typical family can cook and enjoy at home. I love that they have both lost weight and started cooking healthier alternatives, too.

Back
Top Bottom