The invention test - how would you cope?

After conversations here last night I decided to leave the Uncle Ben's in the jar. I batted out the chicken breasts, breaded them up and made chicken schnitzels. Entirely under the influence of this site. Made saute potatoes and put paprika on those - entirely under the influence of this site. So when my wife came home I was all ready to say 'some big kids made me do it and then ran away'. But it wasn't necessary. Universal approval. from the teenagers and even from the boss. She had some thoughts about what could be better, so we've agreed when I do them again we'll work together to refine the process and I don't doubt the result will be even better. Now I've just got to work out what to do with that jar of Uncle Ben's. How long is it until Harvest Festival?

How about making stuffed aubergine "boats".

Mince some garlic and onions and lightly fried in evoo, then toss in the cauliflower to sautee a bit, chop, and mix with breadcrumbs. Let cool and mix in some grated parm or romano, just a pinch each of dried parsley, basil, and oregano or savory.

Scoop out the aubergine, drizzle with evoo and par bake until just beginning to get soft, then stuff with the cauliflower mix, topping with more cheese, another drizzle of evoo, and bake.

...evoo?

Back
Top Bottom