The Jam: Going Undergrowth

Duck59

Guru
Local time
12:14 PM
Website
duckholiday.com
I am covered in nettle rashes, thistle stabs, bramble gouges and other multifarious surface wounds, but the important thing is that there is raspberry jam in the fridge. Yes, the first wild raspberries of summer have made it to this part of Scotland. Hopefully more to come.

I have raspberries in a row along a fence. As long as I can keep the chickens away from them I will be making jam as well. Yummmy

:whistling:

IMG_3690.JPG

The others had been picked by me last night. Really tasty and rather large! Not enough for jam though, at least not after I have eaten them!

IMG_3691.JPG

We are picking pounds of them in the garden ,have not even bothered for looking for
Wild rasps air strawberries this year,my canes have taken over the garden

The only raspberries in my immediate vicinity are surrounded by armed guards in the form of brambles, nettles, thistles and other vigorous plant life. The down side is that scratches and stings are an occupational hazard. The good thing is that hardly anyone else is daft enough to throw themselves into this kind of terrain.

Zing! The raspberries are storming ahead. I was expecting a small amount yesterday and ended up having to cram them into the container I was using. Having so many, I made a detour to the shops, bought some ice cream and made a raspberry cake to go with it. All a bit decadent, but lovely.

Back
Top Bottom