The June oven.

That what i think they are doing with the instant pot...i can choose the 5 in 1, the 6 in 1, the 7 in 1, the 9 in 1, the 10 in 1...some of the models come in 3, 6, or 8 quarts and the 6 in one come in 3 colors and the pioneer woman models that are pretty.

I was once tempted to get one of these, but I think that they are just too bloody complicated to use!!
I'm old school. Just give me a stovetop pressure cooker & a ordinary slow cooker, & I can work wonders with just those 2 appliances alone!!!! :wink:

Last edited:
I was going to get the 3 quart model til i saw the inserts you can get to cook two foods at once so i could cook both beans and rice separately. So now i fancy the 6 quart. My sis sent me some cash for my birthday last month to help buy one. They sound real handy for the vegetarian who doesn't have a lot of time to cook a pot of beans. Plus you can sanitize in them and all sorts of things, they seem to have good reviews. Its been a long time since i bought an appliance brand new before.

One of my nephews, his wife has one like that. I think that hers has 3 compartments though. :wink:

Last edited:
Between Alexa and Cortana and whatever other voice commanded apps/programs there are out there now, it won't be long before we are living like the Jetsons! Comcast already has a huge amount of voice controls for our TV and has been adding to them for last 2 to 3 years.

The sous vide'd thingy I've been looking at for a long time is Alexa and/or bluetooth controlled.

My tv just has has a regular remote no smarts at all and i don't have cable just rabbit ears and i use siri on my ipad but i insist on pushing the button to use her cause elsewise you have just invited apple to listen to your household all the time.

There are some fridges that are now smart, meaning that you can order groceries online right through the units, pay for the groceries and have them delivered to you the same day or the next day!!

But those units come with a very hefty price & usually are giant French-door or side by side units!! :headshake:

Silly to pay the extra since a nice tablet is way more handy, can do something similar and can tuck into your bag so its with you where ever you go.

I have to replace my iRobot/Roomba. The battery is going dead. I kept searching the internet, and kept seeing Wi-Fi something-or-other wifi-enabled? There's a video, but it really doesn't show you how it works with wi-fi. So I'm not even sure how to use it. Plus the price seems a little higher than it used to be. I wonder if the Wi-Fi feature has something to do with it. Sounds like an extra thing to repair if something breaks. Kind of frustrating.

I've seen the roomba on sale this week somewhere...maybe Target...i was there yesterday.

There are fridges that have TV, internet on them. Some of them will even tell you what's in them. The price though is ....

Geez Louise. If you're too lazy to stand up and press the button you might as well pack it in LOL

What about the Domino's app that rings the dinner bell for your family? Talk about lazy, not that we ever order Domino's pizza.

Course our favorite wood fired pizza joint has curbside pickup where you either call or text when you get there and they come out to your car... I'll admit we have used this.

I'd love to get a Roomba, BUT my black male pug would more than likely kill it and/or stand his ground and bark at it incessantly. Sigh... I really hate to clean.

I've seen videos of cats riding roombas. But dogs don't seem to Roomba friendly.

I've had a Roomba for years. Can hardly imagine doing without it. I settled for one I found online at Walmart, but the battery is only lasting a little over an hour that's not good. I'll have to try again to find a more reasonably priced model without those Wi-Fi features, as soon as I can return this one. Around Thanksgiving, I checked Target, & roomba's site. Didn't see any significant savings.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom