The most bizarre food you won't eat

Riri

Veteran
Local time
5:56 AM
Have you guys ever encountered some bizarre food that you absolutely won't give it a try?

I came across this
View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxQmOR_QLfQ

It's dead ,it's just the salt in the liquid makes it move but THAT JUST LOOKS WAY TOO BIZARRE. I like fried squid,that just looks erm ..no. just no. Another one is LIVE FROG SASHIMI. you guys can youtube it yourself, There's some controversy if the frog is still alive or dead. No way I am eating that. I MEAN IT JUST FEELS WRONG even if it's dead!

I don't care if they say that is dead, there is no way I am eating something that is moving. YUCK!!!! Like a friend of mine says "If it's alive and kicking on the plate, I ain't eating it" Nough said.

I think there are many bizarre dishes in China, India and many Middle-East countries that I definitely won't eat, in example those made with rats, dogs, ants, or other insects, many of which are alive.

There are also some Mexican typical dishes made with live worms, and also an alcoholic beverage that include a worm, this is probably killed by alcohol, LOL

However don't count me in to eat any of the above.

Bugs. I know in Asian countries they are considered a delicacy but I won't eat bugs. Even if they are just crunchy or taste like chicken. Fried bugs is not a part of my diet and I can't see that ever changing.

I don't see myself eating bugs either. I hate live bugs so there is no way I want to eat a dead one. I don't care if it's been cooked or not. That is just disgusting and I don't see how anyone can eat them.

The only think I'm too scared to eat are durians.

I haven't encountered too many strange or exotic foods. I refuse to eat rabbit,duck or most seafood. But I know many people don't consider those bizarre foods. I also wouldn't eat anything the above posters have mentioned. Although, I would eat bugs if I was on Survivor.

I wouldn't eat bugs even if I was on survivor. That is just disgusting. Another thing I will not eat is alligator. I know people who have eaten it and they say it's good, but I don't care. You will not see me eating it.

The only think I'm too scared to eat are durians.

I didn't like it when I was younger but grew into it. It's hard to like it when your parents kept telling you it's the shit from one of the most powerful god...Like Ok..why would I eat anyone's shit?

I didn't like it when I was younger but grew into it. It's hard to like it when your parents kept telling you it's the s*** from one of the most powerful god...Like Ok..why would I eat anyone's s***?

Hee! That's an interesting sales tactic XD

yep - I think that is a very good contender for most bizzare 'food' and given I don't often drink coffee (now), I really can not see that being on the list of things I would currently eat/drink.

Kopi luwak or civet coffee, refers to the beans of coffee berries once they have been eaten and excreted by the Asian palm civet (Paradoxurus hermaphroditus).[/QUOTE]

OMG that Is disgusting. I am so glad I do not drink coffee.:yuck:

I'd just like to know who on earth thought that it would be a good idea[/quote]

I would avoid that coffee for animal welfare reasons. The civet cat coffee industry is not nice.

Back
Top Bottom