The Soda Stream

LivetoErr

Veteran
Local time
10:51 PM
Advertising for the Soda Stream has increased lately. When I was in the US, I saw them everywhere and wondered if they would be worth the money.

Does anyone have one? What are your thoughts on them? If my family was to make anything, they'd be in the diet form so, I'd be more interested in opinions on those flavors. However, I do want to hear anything you have to say about one.

I've wondered the same thing! I have seen them advertised a lot, but have never tried one. I would definitely be willing to try it! They look very nice! I just don't want to buy one without trying it first. What if I got it and didn't like the taste? Then I wouldn't use it and it would be a waste.
If there's every a taste-test opportunity for it, I would love to try it!

I have not tried the Soda Stream as of yet. My only guess is that this product is great for families (or individuals) who consume A LOT of carbonated drinks. If you are not one of them, I probably would put my hard earned dollars to use else where.

I don't have one. I saw a video of a soda stream in a office supply store. I guess they were targeting small businesses to get a machine for their employees. I also don't know anyone who owns one either.

I have had two soda streams... both of them were free - received them to review/test etc. I've ended up selling both of them at some point.

They're very easy to use and set up and there are a wide variety of flavors. Some of them are pretty good, others not so much. My personal favorite was Pink Grapefruit (regular and diet). One of the more positive aspects of it was the ability to test out various other carbonated drinks without having to use any of their syrups. Especially with fruits/fruit juices. One of the negatives is that you pretty much have to drink the soda/beverage right away. There's no saving it in the fridge with this machine - it'll go flat after a few hours.

I have tried soda streams and they are really good if you drink a lot of soda. You'll save a lot of money on drinks. My favorite was the ginger ale syrup. It tasted better than any ginger ale in the store and it didn't have any high fructose corn syrup in it. Amazing! Just a tad too pricey in my opinion.

My family drinks a lot of Diet Coke. It's not as cheap here, as it is in the United States/Canada. At Sams Club, you pay about $12 for 24. We used to be able to buy a flat, of 36, at Coscto for around the same price. I think we go through 4-5 flats, of 24, a month. My family members drink at least 2-3 a day, so, really, we're drinking a flat every 4 to 5 days. So, I guess, that means we are spending around $50 a month on Diet Coke. That's not including what I drink, though, because I may have a couple a week, not a day, like the rest of the family.

If possible, I would suggest you try some of the sodas made with it before buying a kit - I didn't like them at all, personally. I thought something was rather odd when the kitchen store I bought it at didn't have any samples, and the store associate was kind of beating around the bush with how they tasted. All the syrups they sell contain artificial sweetener, even the non-diet ones. The soda made with them doesn't have the same mouth feel as store bought soda, I can't quite put my finger on it. Also the drinks go flat rather quickly, and the two bursts they show in the commercials isn't really enough to fully carbonate the bottle. The bottle itself is pretty small, so you will need to be making it quite often, especially if you are entertaining.

One of the negatives is that you pretty much have to drink the soda/beverage right away. There's no saving it in the fridge with this machine - it'll go flat after a few hours.

Ouch, that's bad news.
I've also been interested by soda stream but not so much anymore. I never ended up buying one since I rarely drink anything else than water.

I have had two soda streams... both of them were free - received them to review/test etc. I've ended up selling both of them at some point.

They're very easy to use and set up and there are a wide variety of flavors. Some of them are pretty good, others not so much. My personal favorite was Pink Grapefruit (regular and diet). One of the more positive aspects of it was the ability to test out various other carbonated drinks without having to use any of their syrups. Especially with fruits/fruit juices. One of the negatives is that you pretty much have to drink the soda/beverage right away. There's no saving it in the fridge with this machine - it'll go flat after a few hours.
Thanks so much for sharing your opinion on the soda stream! That's a huge turn-off that you have to drink it right away! I don't think that would benefit me much. I don't think it is something I would personally purchase or use very often, but I would be willing to at least try it. Thanks again for your thoughts!

I don't have one but I have watched reviews on them on YouTube. A lot of the people claim they are not a very good product. I was interested in buying one until I watched the reviews.

my family had one many years ago,it must have been 1983 ,we got rid of it a few years ago as they changed the gas bottle size,they are ok if you like carbonated drinks you can add it to your favourite squash or buy their specific post mix syrups

I certainly remember these things from the 1960s and 1970s:

$_57.JPG

Back
Top Bottom