The something is not working thread

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
10:56 PM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
Please can you post here if you find that something is not working.
I'll need a few screenshots if you can so you can show me what it is....
A description and as much detail as you can would also be useful. What device you are on (laptop/desktop, netbook, tablet/phone), what platform you are on (Andriod, iOS, Windows 7, Windows 10 etc) and what web browser (Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, MS Edge, Opera, DuckDuckGo etc) would also be very useful.

If it is a case of you need to know how to do something, please post a brand new thread of its own.

Please note that 'New Threads' is not currently displaying new threads but is displaying 'new posts'.

N.B. Title has now been amended to 'Latest Posts' pending investigation.

Last edited:
Media: In an attempt to upload files to a media album I received this:

"Oops! We ran into some problems.
The file you have uploaded is 376.4 KB which exceeds your storage quota and cannot be uploaded. You have -587,776 bytes remaining."

The file you have uploaded is 376.4 KB which exceeds your storage quota and cannot be uploaded. You have -587,776 bytes remaining."
I've made a note and will look into it for you this afternoon. I was pretty sure there were not any quotas now, just max file sizes matching standard file uploads but...

Regarding Media this little red box has appeared in the "menu bar". As far as I know I do not have 190 of anything in the media section.

screenshot.jpg

Regarding Media this little red box has appeared in the "menu bar". As far as I know I do not have 190 of anything in the media section.

View attachment 32012
It's a new feature I enabled whilst I was looking for the quotas relating to the media gallery. It just means that you have 190 unread media image comments in total, belonging to anyone. I'm trialling it and will see if I can modify some of the settings. Just go there, mark all read and it will reset and then simply 'alert' you to new media comments in the media gallery in general. It is meant to be (I think, I'll have to double check), media comments that are unread.

I've now resolved that problem. if it hasn't resolved immediately, you'll need to log off and back on again.

This is not something that isn't working just a facility that isn't present any more.

When I transfer a list (of say ingredients) from my site, some items have hyperlinks attached. On the old site I could highlight the full list and remove the links using the "unlink" button.
That button is not evident on the new build. I've tried "link" for each item and then deleting the URL but that doesn't appear to work.

This is not something that isn't working just a facility that isn't present any more.

When I transfer a list (of say ingredients) from my site, some items have hyperlinks attached. On the old site I could highlight the full list and remove the links using the "unlink" button. View attachment 33236 That button is not evident on the new build. I've tried "link" for each item and then deleting the URL but that doesn't appear to work.

Test

Test

The second word test had a hyperlink added.
I removed it using the eraser button. The one that kind of looks line an eraser being dipped into something.

Test

Test

The second word test had a hyperlink added.
I removed it using the eraser button. The one that kind of looks line an eraser being dipped into something.

Ah, I see that now. I hadn't noticed it before. It looks like it removes all formatting so the "lists" will disappear also? Not that it's a big job to reformat. [Edit - no it doesn't remove the "list" formatting, just the hyperlinks]

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom