The tea thread

What was it like? It looks like full bodied type of tea. I've been drinking a new (cheaper than most) discovery:

View attachment 103370

Its really good and on a par with Yorkshire tea or PG tips if not better.

TastyReuben puts cream in tea so... well, its just not the way to taste tea...

That doesn't surprise me in the slightest bit. And a slice of lemon, or is it a twist lol.
Russ

That doesn't surprise me in the slightest bit. And a slice of lemon, or is it a twist lol.
Russ
I like lemon in mine sometimes but not with cream. I do like tea with cinnamon and honey, though.

Starbuck's makes their coffee too strong, what makes one think that their tea is any better?!!! High octane!!! :eek:

When I first came across the term 'cream tea' (I was quite young) I thought it meant tea with cream in it, rather than tea accompanied by scones, jam and clotted cream.
I’ll bet a whole lot of Americans thought the same thing!

I sometimes have coffee with flavored Coffee Mate (powdered creamer) as a dessert kind of beverage. I wouldn't do that with tea.

I do like flavored teas, but only over ice. Peach iced tea is good.

Otherwise, I drink my (hot) tea with just a bit of honey for some sweetness. I prefer honey to sugar in tea.

BTW, in the UK, you probably have to specify iced tea, if you want that. In the US South, you have to specify HOT tea. If you just ask for tea, it will be iced. :laugh:

CD

I sometimes have coffee with flavored Coffee Mate (powdered creamer) as a dessert kind of beverage. I wouldn't do that with tea.

I do like flavored teas, but only over ice. Peach iced tea is good.

Otherwise, I drink my (hot) tea with just a bit of honey for some sweetness. I prefer honey to sugar in tea.

BTW, in the UK, you probably have to specify iced tea, if you want that. In the US South, you have to specify HOT tea. If you just ask for tea, it will be iced. :laugh:

CD
I am with you on the peach tea but I also like raspberry...on ice, like you. I also like honey over sugar for hot tea...

I love Southern sweet tea, so dark you can't see through it. Up here iced tea is usually almost clear and lacks flavor (might as well just order water), and they don't have sweet tea in most places. If I ask for sweet tea, the server will generally indicate to the sweetener packets on the table, which I don't like because it doesn't dissolve well when cold.

I am with you on the peach tea but I also like raspberry...on ice, like you. I also like honey over sugar for hot tea...

I love Southern sweet tea, so dark you can't see through it. Up here iced tea is usually almost clear and lacks flavor (might as well just order water), and they don't have sweet tea in most places. If I ask for sweet tea, the server will generally indicate to the sweetener packets on the table, which I don't like because it doesn't dissolve well when cold.

Yeah, good sweet tea requires that you dissolve the sugar in HOT tea.

I usually buy my sweet tea in gallon jugs, but I do sometimes make it at home. Restaurants down here, even fast food places, make at least decent sweet tea.

CD

Yeah, good sweet tea requires that you dissolve the sugar in HOT tea.

I usually buy my sweet tea in gallon jugs, but I do sometimes make it at home. Restaurants down here, even fast food places, make at least decent sweet tea.

CD
I rarely make sweet tea up here for myself because I only drink it on occasion (goes great with fried chicken). And they don't carry Luzianne!

Cup of rosehip, and hibiscus tea (loose tea leaves) with honey for breakfast.

rose_hip_hibiscus_-tea_081123_1_img_1387-jpg.jpg

rose_hip_hibiscus_-tea_081123_2_img_1393-jpg.jpg

mesquite_honey_081123_img_1395-jpg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom