The Weight Loss Wall

flyinglentris

Disabled and Retired Veteran
Local time
4:21 PM
In a few words, this thread exposes the "Weight Loss Wall."

Generally, it is rightfully claimed that there is a calorie math to loosing weight, reduce calorie intake and burn calories so that your static or sedentary calorie balance point is negative. It does work, up to a point.

Why does it fail? What is the weigh loss wall? Suddenly, it gets harder and harder to loose weight. Why?

Fat cells live for roughly 8 years. Let me repeat that ... Fat cells live for roughly 8 years.

The longevity of fat cells means that once you burn their fat content, they hang around, waiting for the day when they can refill. If you have been overweight, it will be hard to stay reduced for this very reason.

Understand, you don't have to weight 8 years for fat cells to start dying from a diet. No. A certain number die every day. But it's relatively insignificant.

So how does one breach that wall? Some authorities claim that it cannot be done.

Logic suggests that if one does not want to wait for fat cell natural death, can you kill the little buggars? The answer is of course - yes. But how?

And the answer to that is ... what you eat.

It's not how much or how little or how much exercise and activity you get. You can starve a fat cell and it will not die. It'll just go dormant. You can burn up it's reserve through activity and it will not die. But research has revealed that you can kill a fat cell. You do it by what you eat. It's the what, not how much.

I'll let you all think on that for a while.

Very interesting, and of great interest to me since I've joined Weight Watchers. I've lost almost 12 pounds in less than 2 months. I weigh about what I weighed in my 20s, which is incredible. Breaking down what's changed in the last 2 months vs. the previous 30 years, I think it just came down to an awareness of what I was eating, and how much. Prior to that, despite a commitment to heavy exercise and making healthy recipes, I was treading water, so to speak.

I'm not foolish enough to think that I can go back to my old habits after I lose another 5 or so pounds. But, it does help to know that I have a scientific basis for wanting to be responsible for at least another 7 years and 10 months.

Last edited:
Very interesting, and of great interest to me since I've joined Weight Watchers. I've lost almost 12 pounds in less than 2 months. I weigh about what I weighed in my 20s, which is incredible. Breaking down what's changed in the last 2 months vs. the previous 30 years, I think it just came down to an awareness of what I was eating, and how much. Prior to that, despite a commitment to heavy exercise and making healthy recipes, I was treading water, so to speak.

I'm not foolish enough to think that I can go back to my old habits after I lose another 5 or so pounds. But, it does help to know that I have a scientific basis for wanting to be responsible for at least another 7 years and 10 months.

Health is the primary reason to control diet. People suffer not just from psychological vanity, but many other things, diabetes, for example. And I think that an understanding of diabetes may shed some light on weight loss in a healthy way, ie. understanding how insulin affects the body and how fat cells are produced. That's clue #1.

. But research has revealed that you can kill a fat cell. You do it by what you eat. It's the what, not how much
Have they actually stated what it is you need to eat to kill fat cells though?
(apologies if it is in the article, but I haven't had time to read the link.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have they actually stated what it is you need to eat to kill fat cells though?
(apologies if it is in the article, but I haven't had time to read the link.

I haven't said yet, just clued that it is related to insulin triggering foods. And that is a large inclusion.

7 easy steps for weight loss
1. Find a Workout Buddy
2.Add Intervals
3. Eat More Fruits and Veggies
4. Learn a New Skill
5. Don't Be Too Hard on Yourself
6. Stay Hydrated
7. Don't Skip Meals

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom