Tiny Frying Pans (egg pans)

Zyni

Veteran
Local time
2:07 AM
Have you seen those teeny, tiny non-stick frying pans? I guess they are egg pans, since they are the perfect size for cooking one egg. Do you have one? Would you buy one?

I think they are so cute, but do I really need one? I don't know, but I want one.

Yes I have one. But truth be told, there isn't much room for basting the egg! I sometimes use it for making small quantities of sauces - I also have a mini saucepan which I use in the same way.

I have seen them and agree they are cute I don't have one and probably won't get one because it is so small and cute.

I love anything tiny, but the smallest I will go on a frying pan is 8". I actually thought my 8" pan was smaller than that, but I went to measure it and the number was listed on the bottom. I had to replace it recently, because it was old and worn out, and I use it every single day. I also have what I call a tiny sauce pan that I use fairly frequently, mainly for ramen noodles. I wouldn't get much use out of them if I were cooking for a family, or even 2 people, but for single meals, they're perfect.

I have one or I think I do. I don't think it is non stick or if it is, it's the wrong version. I has a write rough surface and everything sticks, it's difficult to clean and so I hardly use it. I think it's one of those things that we just bought because we could and then realised it was not necessary.

I'm not a fan of them personally, especially if you are trying to cook with them on a gas stove. My parents bought a few of them, and when I tried to use them on their gas stove, the diameter of the flames was wider than the pan itself, causing the flames to come up over the sides of the pan and even burn the rubber handles on them. You almost have to position them off to the side of the flame to try and avoid this. Plus you don't have any room in the pan to try and flip the egg over if you want it over easy. Sometimes they would brown the bottom of the egg too much before the top was set as well (assuming the pan didn't come with a small lid). I find it easier to just use an 8" non stick pan with a lid.

I have had one. I didn't like it because it was SO thin that they handle was heavier than the whole pan number 1. number 1 you can only cook so much on it. so I opted for a 7 1/2" and an 8" for those tiny jobs. I went Ceramic you can literally use about 1/4 teaspoon of butter/margarine and nothing sticks! Love them. the cooking surface only lasts about 6 months for me since I use everyday and sometimes others in the house will use it in that same day. My pans get a workout!

I've got a Fissler 8" non-stick frying pan. Ideal for frying one or two eggs or for making an omelette. It's got quite a heavy base and, once primed, you can fry in it without oil or fat. I got it by collecting coupons from my local supermarket - I could never have afforded it otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom