Today’s pics

IMG_8205.jpeg

It was a little embarassing, but not too much. A former student of mine asked me, though his Mom, if I had archived photos of a concert from 12 years ago or so, as his, that I have sent to his Mom back when, were apparently destroyed by a computer malfunction. As I had moved two times since then, and decluttered more than twice all of non-essential documents, photos, albums, books, music sheet books etc, I most likely do NOT have those photos. The only CD that is sort of unclear of the content, with archived something, is this one, so I messaged them. If they wish to open it (my laptop does not have a CD entry) and search, I am willing to lend them...:angelic:
20240504_120142 (1).jpg

It was a little embarassing, but not too much. A former student of mine asked me, though his Mom, if I had archived photos of a concert from 12 years ago or so, as his, that I have sent to his Mom back when, were apparently destroyed by a computer malfunction. As I had moved two times since then, and decluttered more than twice all of non-essential documents, photos, albums, books, music sheet books etc, I most likely do NOT have those photos. The only CD that is sort of unclear of the content, with archived something, is this one, so I messaged them. If they wish to open it (my laptop does not have a CD entry) and search, I am willing to lend them...:angelic:
View attachment 113183
So long as you know you were behaving in 2011 you’re pretty safe.. 😂

So long as you know you were behaving in 2011 you’re pretty safe.. 😂
:roflmao: That one made me laugh...well, yes, I was behaving, in 2011 I was still married, thinking it was for eternity, however I divorced in 2017...
I met my current boyfriend of, 5 years, in 2019...
And in between 2017 and 2019 , shall we say... We do not remember :dance:...

What I think is on the CD, possibly, are professionally taken photos of one of the many children's concert (preschool children) I held, which had storytelling interwinned with classical music. The audience (parents and grandparents with toddlers and babies) being allowed to dance and walk around, which was my conscious breach of the "norm", making it possible for toddlers to attend a classical music concert in the first place. I did occasionally invite guests - actors or singers to enhance the concert, I performed at the piano mostly, and en route to new projects ( i forget what they were, possibly apply for funding or bigger halls) I think I paid a professional photographer to take good quality pictures of the kids and us performers...

But, let us see...

:roflmao: That one made me laugh...well, yes, I was behaving, in 2011 I was still married, thinking it was for eternity, however I divorced in 2017...
I met my current boyfriend of, 5 years, in 2019...
And in between 2017 and 2019 , shall we say... We do not remember :dance:...

What I think is on the CD, possibly, are professionally taken photos of one of the many children's concert (preschool children) I held, which had storytelling interwinned with classical music. The audience (parents and grandparents with toddlers and babies) being allowed to dance and walk around, which was my conscious breach of the "norm", making it possible for toddlers to attend a classical music concert in the first place. I did occasionally invite guests - actors or singers to enhance the concert, I performed at the piano mostly, and en route to new projects ( i forget what they were, possibly apply for funding or bigger halls) I think I paid a professional photographer to take good quality pictures of the kids and us performers...

But, let us see...
Sounds like 2017-19 was a great time but maybe destroy any cds/dvds from that year 😂

Just dropped down into this. Yuck...

20240523_081821.jpg

It looked lovely, but visibility was 50kph on a dual carriageway and I couldn't tell if it was clear to turn right onto the highway. I had to put the window down to listen to see if it was clear to risk getting to the central carriageway.

When I went out this morning, despite the dense fog, I spotted a cormorant sitting on a corner fence post asleep at a road Junction. I've never seen one there before, so I pulled over and took a look at it. It lifted its head and then went back to sleep. I made a mental note to check on it on the way home.

I was quite relieved to see it wasn't on the fence post, but that relief was short lived when I pulled around the corner. It was sitting at the side of the road. It made a half-hearted attempt to fly away, but grounded itself Agery maybe 5 meters. And there it stayed. So I grabbed a towel from my 4×4, climbed a very low barbed wire fence and caught it with ease.

20240523_113915.jpg

It's now at home awaiting a wildlife career to collect. I can't see any obvious injury to wings or legs, but it's not interested in standing or fighting back which isn't a great sign. If needed, I'll take it to the vets later on today

I suspect it is a juvenile that's not been managing to feed itself properly and now the cold snap is here, where it was it was -4°C overnight, its just too much for it. It's exceptionally light. I know that they should be light but this feels like it's skin and bones and malnourished.

20240523_115550.jpg

It's a Little Black Cormorant because the Aussie naming system for anything is pretty literal. I've got bigger chooks!

When I went out this morning, despite the dense fog, I spotted a cormorant sitting on a corner fence post asleep at a road Junction. I've never seen one there before, so I pulled over and took a look at it. It lifted its head and then went back to sleep. I made a mental note to check on it on the way home.

I was quite relieved to see it wasn't on the fence post, but that relief was short lived when I pulled around the corner. It was sitting at the side of the road. It made a half-hearted attempt to fly away, but grounded itself Agery maybe 5 meters. And there it stayed. So I grabbed a towel from my 4×4, climbed a very low barbed wire fence and caught it with ease.

View attachment 113835

It's now at home awaiting a wildlife career to collect. I can't see any obvious injury to wings or legs, but it's not interested in standing or fighting back which isn't a great sign. If needed, I'll take it to the vets later on today

I suspect it is a juvenile that's not been managing to feed itself properly and now the cold snap is here, where it was it was -4°C overnight, its just too much for it. It's exceptionally light. I know that they should be light but this feels like it's skin and bones and malnourished.

View attachment 113836

It's a Little Black Cormorant because the Aussie naming system for anything is pretty literal. I've got bigger chooks!
You don't have to worry about bird flu over there?

You don't have to worry about bird flu over there?

Yes and no. It depends. There is an outbreak over in Victoria and another in South Australia at the moment on an egg farm, so hundreds of thousands of chooks are being culled, but over here in NSW, it's fine. Crossing state lines with livestock or plants (even unprocessed food from a supermarket) is impossible in Australia unless you're a bird that is.

Hundreds of thousands of chickens euthanased on Victorian farm as bird flu strain identified

Authorities on alert after 'low-risk' bird flu detection on WA chicken farm

View attachment 113835

View attachment 113836

I took it round to the vets this afternoon (110km round trip!) and the vet agreed with me that it just needs rest, food and some TLC. It isn't injured, or sick, just very weak. It's likely juvenile that hasn't been successful at fishing on its own and this last week of cold nights has put considerable strain on it.

View attachment 113835

View attachment 113836

Wow SatNav, that is really cool! Glad to hear that you got the bird the help it needs to get better. Looks like you and I, on opposite ends of the globe, have both been doing bird rescues!

We get cormorants here too, but they’re double-crested cormorants. Considered a nuisance in some spots- they can form very dense flocks and their droppings apparently can kill trees. We get them at the cottage too, although in much smaller numbers.

Back
Top Bottom