Status
Not open for further replies.

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
6:48 PM
[Mod.Edit: added a poll to find out how many members make bread (MG)]

I couldn't find a similar topic, so I'm making this one, just as a catch-all for whatever bread you're currently making.

Here's my bread today, a buttermilk-molasses loaf. Can't wait to try a slice.

Last edited by a moderator:
This one I made a few days ago is still being eaten:

I make bread now and again. May start making it more since we now have a reliably working oven (though it's either running hot or I've got to get used to it or both).
Most ovens have a temperature offset you can set, usually something like +-25F. That way, you can set it so it behaves the way you want it to. Just look in your manual, it should be there, and you just set it through the control panel, like setting a clock.

Since I bake a lot of pizzas, the first thing I do with a new oven is set the offset to the maximum, just to get the oven as hot as possible when it's cranked all the way up.

Most ovens have a temperature offset you can set, usually something like +-25F. That way, you can set it so it behaves the way you want it to. Just look in your manual, it should be there, and you just set it through the control panel, like setting a clock.

Since I bake a lot of pizzas, the first thing I do with a new oven is set the offset to the maximum, just to get the oven as hot as possible when it's cranked all the way up.

It does. I saw that when I read the manual before we used it, but it also said to wait a couple of weeks before you did that.

Today I made a rye mixed with white flour loaf - about 40% rye. I was expecting something heavier but it rose and rose - right out of its banneton. And it didn't collapse and 'pancake' when turned out to bake. Photo under cooker hood lights, so not great. I'll cut into it tomorrow and post pics.

Today I made a rye mixed with white flour loaf - about 40% rye. I was expecting something heavier but it rose and rose - right out of its banneton. And it didn't collapse and 'pancake' when turned out to bake. Photo under cooker hood lights, so not great. I'll cut into it tomorrow and post pics.

View attachment 35412
Did you do the scoring yourself, or was that already in the bread pan? Very artistic either way, but impressive if you did all that yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom