Today's Bread (2019-2022)

Do you make your own bread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm envious of your bread skills, I'm nil. Lmao.

Russ
Seriously, this was one of the easiest loaves I've ever made; so easy, I was sure it wouldn't turn out, but it's pretty good.

Yeast into a cup of water. Olive oil, salt, and dried herbs into mixer bowl. In with some flour, turn it on, let it mix for a couple of minutes, then a bit more flour, a bit more, until it's pulling away from the bowl, then let it run for about eight minutes or so.

Cover and let it sit for an hour, then shape into a loaf of your choosing, heat the oven up, let it rise a second time for about 30 minutes, then into the oven. It's fast and easy.

Seriously, this was one of the easiest loaves I've ever made; so easy, I was sure it wouldn't turn out, but it's pretty good.

Yeast into a cup of water. Olive oil, salt, and dried herbs into mixer bowl. In with some flour, turn it on, let it mix for a couple of minutes, then a bit more flour, a bit more, until it's pulling away from the bowl, then let it run for about eight minutes or so.

Cover and let it sit for an hour, then shape into a loaf of your choosing, heat the oven up, let it rise a second time for about 30 minutes, then into the oven. It's fast and easy.

I've had trouble with yeast, I've officially given up. Unless I can get a bread maker it ain't happening. Wife won't have a bar of a maker. She worries too much about weight.

Russ

Rye bread (half rye flour, half white) with black treacle - this is a 250g loaf, so quite small:

Before baking:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom