Hadn't made bread in awhile, so my standby buttermilk-sorghum sandwich loaf:

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
1:30 PM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
I realise that I can actually post something here for a change.

I made Recipe - Mana'eesh (Palestinian Flatbread) that I've not made for a while, to go with the stew I made for last week. I made a double recipe, freezing half and defrosting them for an hour on the baking sheet before cooking them for 9 minutes at 180°C. It worked really well.

They get (liberally) drizzled with olive oil veggie and after cooking which makes them really nice, but not something to have too often when dieting!

JAS_OH1

Legendary Member
Local time
11:30 PM
I finally got rye flour, after checking all over, including places I don’t normally go:

View attachment 83942

Not quite as tall as I wanted, but the pan was a little large for the dough - otherwise, a nice soft rye loaf.
I ended up finding rye flour at the farmer's market near Hartville (about 20 miles east of Akron) awhile back. They sell all kinds of bulk flours, seeds, etc. there.

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
11:30 PM
I ended up finding rye flour at the farmer's market near Hartville (about 20 miles east of Akron) awhile back. They sell all kinds of bulk flours, seeds, etc. there.
That’s a good idea. We’re due an Amish market run here soon, so I should check that. They sell all kinds of dry bulk stuff.

I ended up getting Bob’s Red Mill, but that stuff is something like $8 for a pound or so of flour I’ve made one small loaf, and a quarter of that flour is already gone.

Top Bottom