Today's Bread (2019-2022)

Do you make your own bread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another afternoon on the bike - 90 minutes fighting against a strong and very cold east wind .. I popped back here, got my breath back and started another focaccia .. then went back out on the bike for another hour while it was proving.

Here's the focaccia .. made with lots and lots of lovely EVOO .. fresh from the oven ..

This is what my neighbour's eldest son calls 'pain nature' - a 'natural bread'. In other words, bread that I make without any extra seeds, grains, spices, cheese, onions, SDTs etc etc. A 'not mucked-about with' bread.

Made with 50/50 semi-wholemeal spelt flour and strong white - and salt, yeast, sugar, EVOO, water - and, of course, a lot of lurve.

Did you buy the pea flour or grind it yourself? I was thinking of grinding beans to make bread/pasta for the recipe challenge but not sure I have a strong enough device to grind them.

I did buy it
It should not be very difficult to grind dry peas in a blender, I think. I sometimes do the same with toasted chestnuts when I can’t get the flour

Last edited:
I've recently changed the bread mix I'm using in my (free) bread machine. A combination of fancying a change and not being able to carry the larger box whilst in the wheelchair on my own (Hubby is off his feet for a while and can't help with the shopping).

So I don't know what works. previously I established that my breadmachine prefers much less water than the mix says. It also prefers much less yeast as well...

I'm slowly cutting back on water and yeast with each new loaf... but the results are still, err, interesting however the bread itself great.

No need to guess why I've named it ''Floppy Hair Do'.

I've recently changed the bread mix I'm using in my (free) bread machine. A combination of fancying a change and not being able to carry the larger box whilst in the wheelchair on my own (Hubby is off his feet for a while and can't help with the shopping).

So I don't know what works. previously I established that my breadmachine prefers much less water than the mix says. It also prefers much less yeast as well...

I'm slowly cutting back on water and yeast with each new loaf... but the results are still, err, interesting however the bread itself great.

No need to guess why I've named it ''Floppy Hair Do'.

I'm envious, fresh bread smells? Heaven.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom