Tolapia

imagenscape

Veteran
Local time
6:27 PM
This is the fish that I usually cook because its one of the cheaper fish that you can get. I have a large family to feed and I cant afford salmon unless it goes on sale. I usually just put some lemon pepper seasoning on it and place it in the skillet to cook. i serve it with a salad or rice depending on what I feel like cooking at the time. I have a sister in law that comes from Japan and she always fixes her fish with rice.

I think it is a good source of protein. It might not be as good as some of the more expensive fish, but its ok considering the price.

Are you able to purchase the whole fish? I heard they are a good price that way, but when I saw them at the store, they were already cut into smaller pieces and the price was almost the same as any other fish. I was kind of disappointed because I thought it was supposed to be a bargain.

I have consumed quite a bit of Tilapia in the recent times. It's not cheap here but it was so quick and easy to prepare. My husband would always pick it up but recently I have not seen any coming home. I don't know if he thinks it's no longer as healthy as he thought.

I was of the opinion it was quite a healthy food with a low calorie count. Recently I saw it being compared with bacon. I can't keep up with science. One day something is the best food ever and the next day it is the worse. I am going to do some more research.

I don't know where to purchase a whole fish. I wish that I did as that would probably be a whole lot cheaper. I don't live anywhere near the sea though, and I think places like that is where they have dish markets. In my store there cut up already, but there usually at least 5-3 dollars cheaper then salmon. I always look at the salmon see the price and then grab Tilapia instead.

Well I don't know if my husband has been reading my post, but I came home and found some Tilapia in the freezer:). He buys it by the case.

I have taken some out to prepare for dinner or lunch. The thing I love about them is that you can take them out at the last minute and they will be thawed out in no time at all. It's never raw and can be prepared in 30 mins or less.

Back
Top Bottom