Toxic veganism, that 1%

madebyyouandi

Local time
7:39 PM
Website
www.youtube.com
I get a kick out of hyper vegans (sometimes), and this came across my feed in FB and I was like, that's beyond funny. Since you're all on the lookout for new threads, do you have any funny, strange, or infuriating vegan stories?

My friend once brought a (potential) gf to my home for lunch who wanted me to use a pan I'd never cooked meat in. Let's just say she left hungry. 😆

278133259_10101709783442309_1934256068766517087_n.jpg

I love love vegetables and plant based foods and embrace whole heartedly in my professional endeavor to provide my clientele with wholesome natural options. What makes my journey difficult is not using processed foods, which I believe is the bane of human health and longevity. If the food doesn't represent something that resembles it's natural state, I don't use it, with very few exceptions. Unfortunately that leaves out quite a few of the most popular vegan options. I've learned a lot in the last 20 years and I find the challenge appealing. Cheers.

Totally agree, that's why I marked it the 1% -- but those 1%... 😆

This is my feeling about veganism. (Mind you, I do love a lot of vegan foods.)

View attachment 83578

This makes no sense...

I do eat flowers... and so do many vegans. Tulips are edible though not the tastiest. Lots of flowers are edible. They are sold in the salad section of some supermarkets here.

Dog is definitely edible (not that I've tried any).

Dog is definitely edible (not that I've tried any).
I have. It's not bad. At the restaurant I went to, they prepare the whole dog (really a puppy) in several dishes. It's supposed to be (in part) medicinal.

What I have trouble with are insects. I've been to Cambodia and seen the deep fried tarantulas up close and personal and a big nope it was. Here in Japan, you can find crickets and bee larva (if you look hard enough). Nope, nope, nope, nope. Nope.

Interesting. What sort of options are you referring to?
All Highly processed foods and most other refined foods that are combinations of flavors, colors, emulsifiers, and other cosmetic additives. Anything extracted from plants and made into new combinations/ratio's that are then formulated for a specific profile or use. 95% of all the food I serve in the restaurant are from whole foods but I do bend my rule when it comes to things like soy sauce, fish sauce et al. Specific examples might be tofu, imitation meats, deli imitations, replacements for dairy basically. Anything that doesn't resembles what it looked like right out of the ground is not something I'm interested in supporting or promoting as a way forward basically. Cheers

Last edited:
Specific examples might be tofu, imitation meats, deli imitations, replacements for dairy basically. Anything that doesn't resembles what it looked like right out of the ground is not something I'm interested in supporting or promoting as a way forward basically.

I'm curious as to why you include tofu. Its a fairly basic ingredient that doesn't contain additives. If you made tofu from scratch would that be OK?

Also - surely many things are not 'whole'. What about flour? Surely you don't grind your own flour for use in the restaurant?

You mention dairy substitutes for dairy. Are you saying that you wouldn't use almond 'milk' or soya 'milk'?

I´ve got no problem with veganism; in fact I´ve probably been cooking loads of Vegan food for over 40 years without even realising it and often eat Vegan food.
What I DO have a problem with is evangelical radicals who misguidedly believe that their way of life or their ideals (be it radical Marxism, LGBT, PETA, Extinction crap, etc.) need to be shoved in front of my face or forced down my throat when they feel like it. I´m an incredibly tolerant person- but don´t try to tell me what I should or should not believe or do.

All Highly processed foods and most other refined foods that are combinations of flavors, colors, emulsifiers, and other cosmetic additives. Anything extracted from plants and made into new combinations/ratio's that are then formulated for a specific profile or use. 95% of all the food I serve in the restaurant are from whole foods but I do bend my rule when it comes to things like soy sauce, fish sauce et al. Specific examples might be tofu, imitation meats, deli imitations, replacements for dairy basically. Anything that doesn't resembles what it looked like right out of the ground is not something I'm interested in supporting or promoting as a way forward basically. Cheers
What about pasta?

Anything that doesn't resembles what it looked like right out of the ground is not something I'm interested in supporting or promoting as a way forward basically. Cheers
I guess it was this part that had me questioning. Mashed potatoes don't resemble what it looked like right out of the ground, either. But I guess I am taking it too literally.

Back
Top Bottom