Traditional Thanksgiving Fare?

Kate

Veteran
Local time
4:52 PM
No matter when your country celebrates Thanksgiving, is there a dish or two you always need to have on the table? (I can't believe how fast it's sneaking up on us again!) Well, besides the turkey, that is! :giggle:

For me it's my mom's *incredible* stuffing... that was also my grandmother's incredible stuffing. I've never found anything nearly as good and it's always on my Thanksgiving table.

Besides that, my menu varies slightly each year, but always with cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie.

Well, I've come to celebrate Thanksgiving as an adult. But I'd say sweet potatoes with marshmallows are a must!

At home there must always be pumpkins at the table, cooked and decorative. This is definitely a must!

There is a pumpkin soup that is served into a carved pumpkin that never fails every Thanksgiving day.

At home there must always be pumpkins at the table, cooked and decorative. This is definitely a must!

There is a pumpkin soup that is served into a carved pumpkin that never fails every Thanksgiving day.

Oooh, pumpkin soup sounds great! What's the base to that soup... well, in addition to the pumpkin, I mean. :) Do I recall seeing a recipe for it that used sour cream? Or is that another kind of soup I'm remembering?

Traditional Thanksgiving fare in my household is turkey, homemade stuffing, mashed potatoes (but a baked sweet potato for me instead), lots of gravy and roasted brussels sprouts and carrots. We do usually have pumpkin pie with whipping cream for dessert. However, this year I'm going to make vegan pumpkin bars for myself and anyone else who wants instead. I'm trying to lose some weight so I'm not looking to have an overly indulgent Thanksgiving this year. Therefore, I'll just stick to my sweet potato, roasted vegetables and pumpkin bars.

Back
Top Bottom