Travel Plans For 2024

That sounds like a REAL trip. All the way down to México!:bravo::bravo:
Most likely Cabo San Lucas! We have been there several times and have a favorite resort there near the marina that is also not far from the arch. Playa Grande is such a nice place! I will try to remember to post some photos of previous trips at some point.

Most likely Cabo San Lucas! We have been there several times and have a favorite resort there near the marina that is also not far from the arch. Playa Grande is such a nice place! I will try to remember to post some photos of previous trips at some point.

20191201_185337.jpg 20191201_185351.jpg
20191203_094837.jpg 20191208_125126.jpg
20191214_163024.jpg
20191208_125433.jpg

Last edited:
Hawaii was fabulous!

I'm going on another Birthday Celebration trip all thanks to Missus Next Door Neighbor.
It'll be a girls' getaway, about and hour and a half drive to the East, to a very small Arizona town.
She's got us booked into a quaint hotel with the day all planned out:

Lunch
Shopping - loads of cute antique places there
Wine Tasting Tour - 4 different vineyards
Dinner - I know already what I'm ordering!
Breakfast the next morning
Drive home

All on her dime, "no negotiating" :dance:

I looked up the hotel and the restaurants as well and I'm really excited!

MrsT just booked us a two-night getaway to Indiana’s Amish Country, centered around Shipshewana, Indiana - about four hours north of us.

We were last there way back in 1992, as best as we can remember, but we really don’t know for sure, but it was a loooooong time ago.

The only thing I’m interested in is a little restaurant we ate at, which we really enjoyed, probably because the parking lot was full of buggies. :laugh:

Barely travel plans but a ride out for a couple of nights away, Mr SSOAP and I will leave on Monday.
Probably the Cotswolds or Devon but that will be decided on what accommodation is left available at his time of year and what the weathers doing, if it's peeing down it'll be closer rather than further 😂
I love a last minute spontaneous break away, gives me a real YEEHAW feeling of freedom that normal life doesn't tend to allow a lot of room for.

Have ordered panniers racks for the Goldstar (named 'Red Devil' as the number plate is 666 and it's red 😆) and ordered excellent completely waterproof saddlebags for a mere £70 for two.
Only ordered them yesterday and they've arrived this morning, which I'm shocked by as they're based in Glasgow!

They're such good quality I can't fathom how they charge so little when everyone else charges so much!
Hoping the pannier racks turn up in time or I'll still have to take a rucksack and I'm not a huge fan of carrying everything on my back for the entire duration.

Will probably head out over the Mendips as there's a well reviewed farm cafe near Frome that does gluten free fish and chips every day as they have dedicated gluten free fryers 👏 It has a lovely looking farm shop with the usual stuff plus a fishmonger, huzzah an actual fishmonger!!

Will be trying to pack as little food as possible as this is the UK so gluten free food should never be too far away! 🤞

Last edited:
The pannier racks will not be turning up in time 😖
I emailed asking if they’d arrive this week on Tuesday (they claim to responded to emails within 24hrs and in the past have), I got no response and had a bad feeling so I rang them.

😠 they do that thing where the item has “Available to order” next to it but that doesn’t mean they have it in stock, it literally means you can order it and they’ll get some from the manufacturer and then post them on. A bit of a shopfront with no stock.

Rather misleading and now I have no pannier racks.
Plus I know it’s out of stock at the manufacturers so who know’s how long it will take! Hmph!

Back
Top Bottom