Travel Plans For 2024

kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Local time
11:45 AM
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
Website
mykitcheninthemiddleofthedesert.wordpress.com
As we wind down 2023, we've already started to make plans for 2024.
This will be a milestone birthday for myself and I have declared that we shall go back home!

home.JPG

This is the view from the lanai of the condo that we rent each time we go back to Hawaii.
By the way, we first lived in that tall build, all the way to the left. This is referred to as The Gold Coast.
Right on the waters edge, gorgeous!

Have you made plans for 2024 yet?

loui3.jpg
Loui2.jpg

April is our 35th anniversary. Normally we plan these trips together. Colleen asked if she could do it, and if we could remove the vacation cap on our spending lol. I was never worried. She is way more financially responsible than I am.

Anyways, she just shared with me what the plans are. We are renting this place in Louisville, KY. We love having places on the water that are isolated. She picked this place because it is close to Bourbon st. I am a huge bourbon guy. When we aren't eating and enjoying the view. We will be taking distillery tours!

View attachment 106065View attachment 106066

April is our 35th anniversary. Normally we plan these trips together. Colleen asked if she could do it, and if we could remove the vacation cap on our spending lol. I was never worried. She is way more financially responsible than I am.

Anyways, she just shared with me what the plans are. We are renting this place in Louisville, KY. We love having places on the water that are isolated. She picked this place because it is close to Bourbon st. I am a huge bourbon guy. When we aren't eating and enjoying the view. We will be taking distillery tours!

That looks stunning :happy:

We are renting this place in Louisville, KY.
When I was last in Cinci, we went to the Buffalo Trace distillery, near Louisville. When we left (and the tour was great, btw) we just drove looking for a place to eat. Ended up at " The Stave" in a tiny village called Millville. 100 different bourbons and the most unusual menu I've seen for a long time. The "boss" was just one of those wonderful people you could spend all day with!

The Stave with the boss.JPG
The Stave menu.JPG

So this is news, but me and the boyfriend are getting married :D We can't afford a "proper" wedding (which would cost close to 20k here in Portugal), so we're just signing the papers at the local registry, taking some pics and hanging out with close family and friends for a while, then we'll head for our one-week honeymoon in an all inclusive resort in the Maldives:D We chose Villa Park which is one of the biggest, and will probably be enough to keep us entertained for the week. That trip will be in April 2024.

I still have one last trip to go in 2023, once again I'm going to the Airbus factory in Toulouse, that will be in November.

Last edited:
So this is news, but me and the boyfriend are getting married :D We can't afford a "proper" wedding (which would cost close to 20k here in Portugal), so we're just signing the papers at the local registry, taking some pics and hanging out with close family and friends for a while, then we'll head for our one-week honeymoon in an all inclusive resort in the Maldives:D We chose Villa Park which is one of the biggest, and will probably be enough to keep us entertained for the week. That trip will be in April 2024.

I still have one last trip to go in 2023, once again I'm going to the Airbus factory in Toulouse, that will be in November.

Congratulations!

My lovely bride and I are going on 35 years. We got married after only knowing each other for about 6 months. Kind of crazy, but we just knew. We were 20 years old. Both of us were in the military. We were broke. We got married at the courthouse. It costed us $25 bucks. We didn't have a honeymoon until our 10th anniversary.

The festivities aren't what is most important. It is the two of you.

Congratulations!

My lovely bride and I are going on 35 years. We got married after only knowing each other for about 6 months. Kind of crazy, but we just knew. We were 20 years old. Both of us were in the military. We were broke. We got married at the courthouse. It costed us $25 bucks. We didn't have a honeymoon until our 10th anniversary.

The festivities aren't what is most important. It is the two of you.
Thank you and congrats to you too for still going strong after 35 years!

So this is news, but me and the boyfriend are getting married :D
Congratulations! Your fiancé is a very fortunate man.

Nothing at all wrong with a registry office marriage; more people here in the US probably wish they had that wedding money back, once it was over with (wedding or marriage, take your pick! :laugh: ).

Big wave hello from Spain - we flew right over your house and I shouted hello on the way over. 😬

Congratulations! Your fiancé is a very fortunate man.

Nothing at all wrong with a registry office marriage; more people here in the US probably wish they had that wedding money back, once it was over with (wedding or marriage, take your pick! :laugh: ).

Big wave hello from Spain - we flew right over your house and I shouted hello on the way over. 😬
Thank you!!!! Ohhh I thought I heard someone yelling my name!

Hey we got married in a registry office as well. Few beers and sammys at my m.i.l. place. We / I could only afford a ring for her. I still dont have a ring. And we're still together. I've since spoilt her to make up for it

So CONGRATULATIONS!!

Russ

Back
Top Bottom