Trendy Foods: Should We Love Them or Hate Them?

I'm a big fan of Chuck Eye Steak, hardly known in the UK. We get it imported from South America via Germany by Lidl. Well hung beef here is virtually unknown. So when Lidl have it I don't look at the price. Its actually 520 kuna a kg or about £63.00

Below is there pic, this is the strap line
Fresh South American Black-Angus Chuck Eye steak 260g in Lidl stores
only 129.99 kn260 g

I'm a big fan of Chuck Eye Steak, hardly known in the UK. We get it imported from South America via Germany by Lidl. Well hung beef here is virtually unknown. So when Lidl have it I don't look at the price. Its actually 520 kuna a kg or about £63.00View attachment 45325

Below is there pic, this is the strap line
Fresh South American Black-Angus Chuck Eye steak 260g in Lidl stores
only 129.99 kn260 g

I buy eye fillet (the best) IMO, thru a friend, an ex butcher. Shop price $50 kg. My friend $30 kg but my wife has access to a commercial joint. She's getting some tomorrow, it's on special at $22 kg. I've instructed her to buy plenty.
My sons fave is beef Wellington.

Russ

Trendy foods are unknown here, restaurants we visited 22 years ago still have the same menu. Fast food restaurants like McDonald (3 in Split, 2 in Malls 1 next to the university) only survive because of tourists and foreign students. Apart from a couple of strange pizza additions my wifes family friend Vjeko has not altered his since he took over. The core of his kitchen is the wood fired peka and pizza oven. https://hvar-alviz.com/

Trendy foods are unknown here, restaurants we visited 22 years ago still have the same menu. Fast food restaurants like McDonald (3 in Split, 2 in Malls 1 next to the university) only survive because of tourists and foreign students. Apart from a couple of strange pizza additions my wifes family friend Vjeko has not altered his since he took over. The core of his kitchen is the wood fired peka and pizza oven. https://hvar-alviz.com/

I'd happily chow down on those foods.

Russ

I'd happily chow down on those foods.
The interesting thing Russ mate is there are two types of restaurants here. Those that open for the season only to pluck the chickens (tourists) and those that open through the year. Alviz is one of a few on Hvar that stay open. I used to believe in the old adage of eat where the locals eat till we were in Milan in the winter and walked past a few of their 16 Mcdonalds at lunch time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom