Trip Advisor

Not as heavily as you might think. Although with recent criticism of the site, they do seem to have a more heavy hand approach to some reviews.
I think they had to due to every one doubting the integrity of the reviews and then the value of trip advisor ,constructive critism is one thing to improve your standards and consistency but to just purposely slate and damn a buisness that is trying To make a sucsess is wrong,and the people we spoke off that try to bribe are just horrific ,I know personally we now are always aware if we don't give the best service possible a bad trip advisor report is on its way or maybe they could be an inspector ,so to that end its good as it keeps us on our toes

I've had a interesting week with trip advisor we had 4 top marked reports and then a complaint on one of our rooms ,unfortunately a long term resident had just vacated it and we had no chance to revamp the room before letting it out again,but it s constructive as it gives us a kick to get the room sorted
whilst reviewing the trip advisor site i came across one of our famous replies ,
this was for a average report!

Dear Guest
What a shame you didn't have the decency to simply ask for a different vegetable which we would have been delighted to offer rather than taking to tripadvisor to spread your misery.
It would seem that everything else was fine, you enjoyed the starters of scallops and smoked salmon, your wife enjoyed her plaice, your duck was cooked pink as ordered but all you can focus on is the cabbage and you feel the need to write a damning review because of it! You even find the fact that the waitress asked the chef to take the fillets off your plaice "amusing"….surely just a courtesy that would be the norm anywhere? You finish by telling us that we need to check on everyone "to ensure we get repeat business"? Can I suggest that we have successfully done exactly that for the last 19 years which is why we have such a good, loyal and local clientele that appreciate the efforts we make to offer both a quality meal and friendly service in what is a difficult market.
We have cancelled our relationship with the gourmet card as we found that it drew in a particular type of customer that we most definitely can live without. Your review typifies for me all that is wrong with tripadvisor, you have no comprehension of the effort that goes into producing such a meal, the hours of preparation in the kitchen using expensive products, all damned because you didn't enjoy your cabbage or ask for a replacement dish…..shame on you.
:devil:
this was basically because we served buttered savoy cabbage with her duck,a very common practice with game meats served sliced and plated

Back
Top Bottom