Tuna and Sardine as a cheap source of fish and omega's

dieselfit

Veteran
Local time
2:04 AM
I'm a fitness lover and I love foods that will give my training a boost. I tend to go for these cans of fish since they are easy to eat on a regular basis. I read somewhere that someone who is trying to get energy, instead of a energy drink they'll just buy a sardine can from a nearby store. It's a cheap source of omega's and healthy fats. Anyone object to this? I'd like to make sure I'm not risking what I hear is a source of high mercury levels!

I have always loved sardine because my father used to buy loads of cans on a regular basis.

At some point my mother complained and he changed sardine for tuna cans, but certainly we had always this source of Omegas since before we would knew of their existence. I really thank my father for having taught me to enjoy eating both because I know that that many people dislike sardine when it's not only tasty, but also a great source of energy and health.

If only tuna was cheap here. :D
I should probably try sardines since I rarely eat them but I know that I should add fish into some of my foods.

They are a good source of quite a few nutrients, just remember that too much of everything is bad for you.

I have always loved sardine because my father used to buy loads of cans on a regular basis.

At some point my mother complained and he changed sardine for tuna cans, but certainly we had always this source of Omegas since before we would knew of their existence. I really thank my father for having taught me to enjoy eating both because I know that that many people dislike sardine when it's not only tasty, but also a great source of energy and health.

A great source of energy and health indeed! I read somewhere that someone switched from energy drinks to sardines because it gave them loads of energy. They said they would buy a can of sardines to keep themselves energized all day long. Weird I wonder how he dealt with his breathe!

I eat both tuna and sardines because I know they are both good source of omega 3 that is good for our heart and blood circulation. Eating them in moderation is the best way to consume this kind of food for good health.

I eat sardines, Pilchards or Tuna 4 or 5 times per week for lunch. I also eat at least two other fish or shellfish main meals per week. I eat them mainly because I like them, and like all things I know that if eaten in moderation I will not suffer ills from suspected contaminates.

Here in Spain, we can buy a big can of tuna for around 6 Euro (£5, $8.25). It will do two main meals with a jacket potato or salad for the two of us, as well as several lots of sandwiches. I keep it in a bowl in the fridge and pick away at it if I'm hungry. I also eat pilchards rather than sardines, as there are not so many bones. If you have a little fresh parsley with the pilchards, it won't make your breath smell.

I also try to incorporate fish into my diet, and since fresh fish in my hometown is either very expensive, or not readily available, I eat canned fish. I think eating a can of fish as a snack every day is a very good source of omegas, just make sure you buy quality cans even if they are a bit more expensive.

My main reason for loving sardine and tuna is not solely for the fact that they're great sources for Omega 3 but because i think they are very tasty when prepared the right way and they're great for making sandwiches and salads; and they are also pretty much affordable.

Wow Sandra- Tuna is expensive where you live if I read that right it would be $8.00 American a can? I think I only pay about $1.25 here in the US. I have never tried sardines before because they always looked so gross to me. What do they taste like? I am a huge lover of tuna.

I used to eat a lot of tuna but even the canned varieties now cost a lot more then they did when I was buying it every week. Now I enjoy sardines from a can, which costs less than canned tuna. I like the taste of sardines and I believe they provide more Omega3 than most other fish.

I can eat sardines with pasta, rice and/or vegetables. I understand they are also good on toast and with noodles.

Back
Top Bottom