Uncle Ben's chilli con carne cook in sauce

Local time
10:20 PM
Website
www.helium.com
Four of our friends came around yesterday to help us put up our garden shed, and I fed them after they'd finished. I wanted something hearty but easy to cook, that we could eat off a tray rather than needing to set the table, so I made a huge chilli, and served it with jacket potatoes, salad and crusty bread.

It went down a treat, and two of our friends said it was the best chilli they'd had in years - yet it was made with an Uncle Ben's sauce. I used one hot sauce, and one medium, and it suited everyone - not too hot, but with that 'kick' that a good chilli always has. Have you used this? What do you think of it?

I've used the medium sauce, I like it. I can't make a good chilli from scratch so always use a jar - same with bolognaise - not always uncle bens, sometimes just the supermarket own one which are just as good.

If it is a mince chilli I have used uncle bens, if it is a proper cube of beef chilli I make from scratch

I have an unopened Uncle Ben's jar that I think I will use to make an easy dinner today as you describe Sandra.

I was wondering about today's menu because with the hustle and bustle of the past days around Halloween, I feel today somewhat lazy to set the table or spend too much time in the kitchen.

I prefer making my own chili however sometimes I do opt for those premade ones. They are faster and easier and you can never go wrong with it.
For most other sauces I go for the one that comes in a jar but chili has a special place in my heart.

Back
Top Bottom