update on whats been happening to me

grumpyoldman

Local time
8:52 AM
some of you might have been wondering why i haven't been on here for a while ,as you might remember i have been having some health problems so here is the latest , i have been in a wheelchair since Jan, and on June 3rd i am going to have surgery on my back ,the 1st thing they are going to do is cutt my left side open and take out 4 disc and replace them with plastic ones , then flip me over and put rods and screws in my back

i have a bbq planned for the 4th of July, got over 20 people expecting brisket and ribs
hope i can be back on my feet by then ......... its gonna be close

Bloomin' 'Eck!
Good luck with the surgery. I'm sure it'll be a success. Then you have to take it easy for a while so you're up and running for the 4th July! Stay safe!

Best wishes for you and that you’re back behind that pedal steel feeling 100% as soon as possible!

I've been through 9 major surgeries and yours sounds worse than any of mine. Get well soon.

i'm just hoping i will be able to pull off the BBQ , hate to disappoint that many freinds
Having been through similar surgeries, 5 of them major, 1 of them lifesaving (C5-C6-C7 collapsed leaving me with no use of my arms and risking paralysis above where the nerve for breathing branches off), I know that true friends will more than understand. Have you thought of asking those friends for help with the preparation?

Agree with everyone else. Have the party but ask everyone to bring a dish.
BBQing for a lot of people is a sure fire way to set off problems or pain that weren't there before.

If your heart is set on making it a BBQ and you have the cash maybe a hog roast would fit the bill and you could hire someone in to do that.

well this is a kinda " thank you " BBQ for friends that have helped us in one way or another during the past few months , they would understand even if i postphoned it , but if there is any way that i can get it done , i'm going to , all of these people have been a huge help to us and i feel that i owe it to them .

Back
Top Bottom