Valentine´s Day: Exactly 11 Days Away: Plans?

We won't be doing anything special for Valentines Day. Why wait for a FEB 14th when you can date any time of the year.

Colleen and I go out at least once a week. Our date night usually consists of one of three or four local joints in Ypsi. We order a beer and sit and enjoy each others company. Once we finish the beer we order dinner and round two. We are usually at the restaurant for about 2 hours enjoying each others company.

Usually we celebrate it even if with a little thing .. my husband always brings me a flower, any kind. Sometimes we went to eat out if Valentine's Day fell during the weekend, but, like this year, fell during the working week, then it's okay a little dinner at home a little more romantic than usual, maybe by candlelight, and his flower that never fails.

Last edited:
I think Valentines day is a lovely thing however it is a shame that it is over-hyped to the point of being tacky, you can show your love at any time and in your own way it doesn't have to be over the top, a quiet meal in with a good bottle can be just as good if not better than being in a room full of strangers. It is good to have privacy :wink:

My wife came home with this yesterday. She thought it was a bar of chocolate (a specific type that I like) but it was actually a bag of about a dozen chocolate coated nuts and half a dozen chocolate coated raisins. It was reduced to just over £2.00 but still expensive I think.

[Edit: net weight 180 gms]

fruit and nuts s.jpg

They've all been eaten now.

Last edited:
I have received two stunner cashmere sweaters from my husband and 2 beautiful plants for my office from my parents & in laws.

My sons and daughter in laws, sent me a couple of incredible books that were on my Bucket List and a black and white photograph to add to my collection.

Surely a lovely day and we shall be headed for a Nigriri & Sashimi Boat at our fave Barcelona Japanese restaurant for lunch ..

Have a lovely Valentine´s Day ..

@Lullabelle

Since the 14th was on a laboral day, and we had a stunner Japanese lunch, we decided to just do a fave, tapas ..

We had reserved (necessary) at one of the 5 Tapas Bars of Albert Adria, and had a few tapas and a wine tasting by the glass of a couple of different wines to pair with the tapas ..

It was lovely and we got in at 22.30 ..

@Lullabelle

Since the 14th was on a laboral day, and we had a stunner Japanese lunch, we decided to just do a fave, tapas ..

We had reserved (necessary) at one of the 5 Tapas Bars of Albert Adria, and had a few tapas and a wine tasting by the glass of a couple of different wines to pair with the tapas ..

It was lovely and we got in at 22.30 ..

Sounds fab :thumbsup:

Our meal was M&S oven ready camembert starter with salad, boeuf bourguinon with potato rosti, then cheesecake to finish, all washed down with a very tatsty bottle of Spanish wine. We were both pretty pooped and neither of us wanted to properly cook.

Sounds fab :thumbsup:

Our meal was M&S oven ready camembert starter with salad, boeuf bourguinon with potato rosti, then cheesecake to finish, all washed down with a very tatsty bottle of Spanish wine. We were both pretty pooped and neither of us wanted to properly cook.

@Lullabelle

Sounds superbly splendid ..

Which Spanish wine ?

Back
Top Bottom