Vegetarian breakfasts

Ella

Veteran
Local time
2:03 AM
Most people can have at least one vegetarian meal of the day and even vegan.
When I have friends staying over many are surprised at a vegetarian breakfast and how healthy it can be.

I make my own pancakes using wholewheat flour, you don't have to use an egg for vegans and use soya milk and vegetable oil instead of butter and they turn out fine.

Add a filling of sauteed potatoes, onions, peppers and mushrooms and that's a vegan meal. Usually I do add scrambled eggs with herbs and all of my non-vegetarian friends enjoy it.

I agree, a vegan breakfast is very light and refreshing and it's even more filling than I'm guessing people would assume. My most favorite type of vegan dish to eat at breakfast is a nice vegetable soup., whether it be squash or tomato soup. It really fills you up without that heavy feeling that a 'regular' breakfast meal would bring.

I am not a vegetarian, but many of my meals are. I don't always eat breakfast, but I would much prefer something like scrambled eggs, mushrooms or tomatoes on toast than I would a full fry-up. I don't like meat replacement products, such as vegetarian sausages though.

Back
Top Bottom