Recipe Vegetarian Burgers

djordjem87

Veteran
Local time
9:56 PM
I found this recipe by accident and i was thrilled how good it was. I will give you a video but it is in Serbian so you have to know that all the ingredients i will write down here he puts in a blender and with water he makes the patties. You can experiment with this how ever you want. Not only for burgers this mix can be used to make fake meat balls, to stuff peppers or zucchini. What ever you think you can try.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkb92Vt90PY

Ingredients :
First he puts oat flakes and wheat flakes equal amount about 300 grams each
then he puts some sunflower seeds
flax seeds.

After this he blends it and puts it in the bowl. Having this done he takes some sesame seeds, dried onions and cummin. He mixes everything and add some salt and grounded pepper. Easy.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkb92Vt90PY

It sounds really good. I recently made home made black bean burgers and they were extremely good. I would recommend them to others. I would defintely make the burgers you just described. I am sure they would be healthy and nutritious. Oh and very delicious as well...that has to be said.

Love cumin in veggie burgers! One of my favorite veggie burger recipes actually contains black beans and sweet potato - it's so good! I'll have to get the recipe typed up and post it on here, come to think of it!

I really enjoy veggie burgers. I eat them most times when I am craving burgers. I have never made them but I am going g to give these one a try. Thanks for posting.

The cumin will give this recipe the meaty taste plus the dried onions. I particularly would add dried celery seeds instead of the sesame seeds. This is a great recipe that is easy to pull off. I will give it a try.

I do not really like beans in my veggie burgers as the flavor and texture is rather funky to me. I really enjoy a good veggie burger though and actually prefer them to real cheeseburgers these days. I like the crunch of the burgers and the flavors inside.

I have this in jars and in stock. Recently I made meatballs in tomato sauce. Adding fresh basil and parsley and some grated hard cheese was enough to make this extraordinary simple and delicious. You just make the 'non-meat balls' and put them in the fridge until the sauce starts boiling. When that happens you add them and it is done. You can even cook those and than grind them so you make minced 'meat' for pasta. i made great Bolognese with this method. The spices are the key. People actually enjoy them more when they eat meat then meat itself.

I will have to give this a try. I have made burgers with chick peas and black beans that were much better than I thought they would be. I have been looking for more ways to be adventurous with veggie burgers and this looks like a good place to start.

I find that they taste better than regular burgers in general these days. I especially like the Morning Star ones you buy at the store if you are not going to make your own. They are full of flavor. I like the surprises that veggie burgers have in them. There is the unexpected crunch of nuts or whatever people decide to add to theirs.

Back
Top Bottom