Vegetarian food that even Nay-sayers will love?

snaptoast

Local time
5:18 PM
I used to think that a dish without meat was not really a complete meal, and would resent my mom anytime she made any such thing. Then, I started to like veggies. From this, I became less difficult in general. Later, I even started eating and enjoying beans of all kind! Lentils that I before hated became great as a side or as a soup! Since, I have no problem enjoying vegetarian meals. As long as they are tasty!

That being said, I still know people who consider that vegetarian food is rabbit food. I've tried to convince them with words, but you know what they say. The quickest way to the heart is the stomach! I've made a few happy people out of a plate of roasted cherry tomatoes, pasta and goat cheese.

What is your go-to convincing meal for picky eaters who are not inclined to eat vegetarian? Something so tasty nobody could refuse it? Something so heavy you would not want the extra-portion of meat?

I mean, I used to think vegetarian people only had tofu and this fake meat stuff, and that looked gross. How young I was! I'm pretty sure a lot of people would just need a few good meals to be more veg*an friendly!

I used to think that a dish without meat was not really a complete meal, and would resent my mom anytime she made any such thing. Then, I started to like veggies. From this, I became less difficult in general. Later, I even started eating and enjoying beans of all kind! Lentils that I before hated became great as a side or as a soup! Since, I have no problem enjoying vegetarian meals. As long as they are tasty!

That being said, I still know people who consider that vegetarian food is rabbit food. I've tried to convince them with words, but you know what they say. The quickest way to the heart is the stomach! I've made a few happy people out of a plate of roasted cherry tomatoes, pasta and goat cheese.

What is your go-to convincing meal for picky eaters who are not inclined to eat vegetarian? Something so tasty nobody could refuse it? Something so heavy you would not want the extra-portion of meat?

I mean, I used to think vegetarian people only had tofu and this fake meat stuff, and that looked gross. How young I was! I'm pretty sure a lot of people would just need a few good meals to be more veg*an friendly!
usually if you can get a good batter to fry veggies like cauliflower and broccoli, with some homemade dipping sauce, your good to go. I also make good zucchini crab cakes, that taste very much like the real deal, better in my opinion.

There are a few meals I make that people love; veggie cottage pie, sauteed veggie pasta au gratin and a spicy stir fry. Many don't even notice there is no meat in it and every one finishes the dish as well. I do find meat eaters always give vegetarians salad and I wan to say, 'it's a side dish for me,' as I don't really eat salad, but pick at it.

Back
Top Bottom