Vegetarian sausages

Ella

Veteran
Local time
7:21 PM
These are really versatile, but the quorn or soya protein ones are the better than the sausages made up of mashed potato and vegetables. They are great for breakfast, but can also be used in pasta dishes. Simply cook them and then slice up and add them to a pasta dish with a chilli sauce and it can be a healthy and tasty meal in seconds.

Another favorite is a toad in the hole with roasted peppers and onions on top. I gave this to friends who were not vegetarian and they loved it.

They are great for barbecues as they are easy to cook and to serve. I even like them as a snack in a sandwich or rolled up in a pancake with some scrambled eggs for breakfast

I like to cook and eat vegetarian sausages, and I too have served them to non-vegetarians. I like the idea of adding cooked slices to a pasta dish instead of meat. I think they would be great for making scotch eggs, which are a British delicacy made from a whole hardboiled egg covered in sausagemeat and breadcrumbs and then deep fried.

I like these vegetarian sausages grilled, too. I get ours from a store near a Seventh Day Adventist hospital. When we're having barbecue parties with friends I do not grill these side by side with the real sausages if I want to trick the guests when I feel naughty. Vegetarian sausages are not too popular in our country. Most supermarkets do not stock up on these specialty products. There are vegetarian restaurants that serve these sausages. It is easier to go there for us if we crave for these fake meats. :)

I've never tried this, but I think I'd even prefer this over a sausage made with innards or odd meat parts. I think vegetable flavor is a lot cleaner and therefore a lot more malleable, and as long as you know which ingredients to combine you'd could probably come up with me that is a close enough texture.

Back
Top Bottom