Vegetti slicer - making vegetable "noodles"

cupcakechef

Veteran
Local time
8:43 AM
Japan (expat by way of Australia and USA)
I've seen these devices called Vegetti's which basically allow you to make "noodles" out of vegetables like zucchini. They come out like this:

71dFDb8ZvgL._SL1020_.jpg

Has anyone already got one of these? I'm thinking as I am a bit of a pasta fiend, it might be a good alternative to always loading up on carbs when I have a pasta craving. As long as the sauce I make has enough flavor I'm sure it would be okay!

Thoughts, anyone?

I've wondered about these myself. I haven't bought one yet because I can't believe any device on earth will convince me that zucchini ribbons can take the place of noodles.

I recently posted about this in another thread. I've got one and it works.:) But zucchini (courgette) ribbons are obviously not quite the same as ordinary spaghetti or noodles. However, they do look pretty and make an interesting salad eaten raw. I dress mine in soy sauce and chilli or lemon juice, herbs and olive oil. If you cook them, they reduce in size significantly! You need, therefore to make quite a lot if you want to cook them to replace pasta/noodles. I have done that and served them with a pasta sauce.

Back
Top Bottom