Recipe Veggie Balls with Boiled Vegetables from the Broth

MypinchofItaly

Forum GOD!
Local time
4:09 PM
Website
mypinchofitaly.co.uk

What happens to the vegetables after you made your vegetable broth? Let’s give them a second chance and make some vegetarian balls that we also breaded with pumpkin seeds. They work perfectly such as starters or as secondo piatto paired with fresh salad or a dip or whatever you like.

Serves: about 2-3 | Preparation : 20 mins | Cooking approx: 20 mins

• Leftover Vegetables from the broth
  • Eggs: 1
  • EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil: 1 tbsp
  • Pecorino cheese, grated: to taste
  • Salt and pepper: to taste
  • Pumpkin seeds, a handful
  • Breadcrumbs or Corn flour: to taste

Method

Since the vegetables may still be quite moist, before putting them in the blender, pat-dry them well with paper towels. Let them cool down a bit then, do not put them in the food processor if still hot.

Put vegetables in the food processor along with some a pinch of salt and black ground pepper, minced garlic and a tbsp of EVOO.
Blend into a smooth puree.
Transfer the puree in a bowl, add the beaten egg, breadcrumbs and grated Pecorino, stir until the puree is firm enough. If it is too liquid or soggy, just add more breadcrumbs or more grated Pecorino or even corn flour which is an excellent alternative to breadcrumbs.

Preheat the oven to 180 C / 350 F / Gas 4.

Wet your hands and start shaping into balls possibily not larger than your palm.
Pass then each patty in pumpkin seeds, make sure to turn the patties to thoroughly coat both sides.

Place them on a lined parchment paper baking tray, drizzle with EVOO, bake in the oven and bake for about 20 mins.

Take out from the oven, let cool a bit, then serve.

What happens to the vegetables after you made your vegetable broth? Let’s give them a second chance and make some vegetarian balls that we also breaded with pumpkin seeds.

Well, wow. This isn’t just creative: it’s recreative. What a terrific way to put these apparently expended vegetables to use making something tasty. I am now thinking two things:
  1. The next time I make a stock, I am going to make this recipe.
  2. I feel like making a stock as soon as possible just so I have an excuse to make this recipe.

Back
Top Bottom