Venison

I'd be most interested to see the recipe if you would like to post it as a Recipe. I've had little luck with it myself (other than cooking it in pate).

Haunch - nothing too big [there's only the two of us]. Still cost about £20 [about $30 ish I think]. Still always worth an experiment. Will try and sort out the recipe soon as I can [might be better to see how good it is first though].

Haunch - nothing too big [there's only the two of us]. Still cost about £20 [about $30 ish I think]. Still always worth an experiment. Will try and sort out the recipe soon as I can [might be better to see how good it is first though].
That's not too expensive compared to a turkey!

Haven't cook haunch for ages but I remember it's pretty much like cooking leg of lamb other than it needs to be covered in caul or rashers of streaky bacon to stop it drying out. If it's wild venison it will be much tougher and need slow cooking. Overnight in cider sounds great :)

True but it's a bit like comparing a Ferrari to a Bentley - both wildly expensive if your budget is more down in the Ford level.
Anyhow will report back with the recipe and results [if all goes well] after Christmas. :okay:
You haven't priced Fords lately. I would say a Nissan budget. :)

Well we had the venison - total success. TBH it's hardly worth calling a recipe, about as easy as it gets really [yep even I could do it !!:eek:] - simply marinade in cider [cheap cider did the trick fine] overnight then cook/roast in the same cider + a few chopped up onions and carrots in a casserole dish [we just used an ordinary dish covered in foil]. :thumbsup:

Well we had the venison - total success. TBH it's hardly worth calling a recipe, about as easy as it gets really [yep even I could do it !!:eek:] - simply marinade in cider [cheap cider did the trick fine] overnight then cook/roast in the same cider + a few chopped up onions and carrots in a casserole dish [we just used an ordinary dish covered in foil]. :thumbsup:
So how long did you cook it for? And what was the approx. weight? Did you eat it rare? Sorry...so many questions!

Not unless Nissan are a LOT cheaper over there
Yes they are.
Pretty much prices go like this from cheap to expensive:
Honda/Hyundai/Kia/Nissan
Volkswagen/Daewoo
Chevrolet/Dodge/Ram/Ford/GMC
Cadillac and the European Cars (except the ones listed above)
High end Sports cars.

Back
Top Bottom