vizardika

vizardika

Über Member
Local time
12:56 AM
Hello. I'm here fo the first time. I'm from Latvia. I would like to learne about you kitchen. What in your national dishes? The dishes are prepared only with you. Tell me and share recipes.

Hi and Welcome to CookingBites.
What in your national dishes?
What are the national dishes of Latvia. I spent a few days cycling through there about 4 or 5 years ago, whilst I was heading south from Tallinn to Greece. We enjoyed our time there, though we camped for most of it so didn't really get much of the food, except for the bread and the kindness of the locals

What are the national dishes of the UK where I am from? Well curry really, Yorkshire pudding, then there are the Scottish dishes I like which are tattie scones, square sausage, clottie and of course haggis which I don't eat and have never ever tried! There are also loads and loads of exceptionally nice and very tasty cheeses in the UK as well. We are almost on a par with France in that area as far as I am concerned.

But I am now in Australia as you will see from my location and the national dishes are mostly meat and beer with the meat cooked outside on a barbeque!

And fish and chips! (With or without mushy peas, tea, bread and butter). :):):)
then there are scones and cream, Victoria sponge cake, bakewell tarts, I'm sure I am missing some welsh and irish ones out of this list - colcannon is an easy Irish one. Welsh... OK that is challenging me. I can picture a dish, I just can't recall the name or many of the ingredients!

Back
Top Bottom