Waffle Iron Cooking

chefjlin

Veteran
Local time
10:11 PM
I have been trying to cook with a waffle iron this whole week. Do you guys have any ideas? So far, I found out that bacon cooks very well on the waffle iron and I can somehow stir fry cooked ramen noodles to make chow mian.

I love my waffle iron :) I found out through a blog online that you can make a LOT of stuff with your waffle iron. Here are just some examples:

Want a savory waffle? When you make the waffle batter, don't make it as sweet, and when you add it in the waffle iron add whatever savory ingredients you'd like (cheese, bacon, meat, spinach, mushroom, etc). Flip and cook as usual, and BAM savory waffle!

Also, if you have those tater tots (you know the small fried potato things) that comes frozen in a bag you get at the grocery store, throw a couple of them in the waffle iron, flip it, and when the light turns green BAM you have a flat waffle-shaped hash brown!

And my brother-in-law actually taught me this one but you basically take a package of the cinnamon roll thing (you know the ones you pop open and put into a baking dish and bake in the oven), open it up as usual and split the rolls as instructed, and put 1 or 2 rolls on the waffle iron. Close it, flip it around, and wait till the light turns green, and BAM you have cinnamon roll waffles!

Back
Top Bottom